Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > Diesel Forum > General Discussions
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 02-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #1

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Default What Pads and Rotors?
What would you put on your truck?

Im thinking about doing some wagner rotors and OEM pads or maybe EBC Pads. Not too sure yet.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:13 AM   #2
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
Don't need them for the Ram at the moment, but I needed to replace the rotors and calipers on the S10 once...I used the Duracraft stuff...never had a problem with them. The only thing I was picky about were the bearings. I prefer Timken over anything else.
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #3

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
i used brake motive on ebay, they had d&s rotors made by powerstop, and cleanride ceramic pads also made by powerstop, and the quality is on par with anything at your local autoparts store if not better, will be ordering a set for my taurus friday...i've heard the green and yellow ebc eat the shit outta rotors...

Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #4

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Originally Posted by Jusjay727 View Post
i used brake motive on ebay, they had d&s rotors made by powerstop, and cleanride ceramic pads also made by powerstop, and the quality is on par with anything at your local autoparts store if not better, will be ordering a set for my taurus friday...i've heard the green and yellow ebc eat the shit outta rotors...
Yeah I've heard about brake motive on ebay. But from what I can tell I hear some complaintes of warped rotors and the pads being very loud. I almost want to take the chance. But thats the samething I did a while back with just turning my rotors and putting on some wagner pads. Thought it would be nice and quite. But they werent lol

Im sorta leaning to some regular oem style rotors instead of the drilled an slotted ones.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #5

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Garage
they are a lil louder than reg oem, but not that noticable i dont think, but then again, between the intake, exhaust and stereo i dont notice it...that being said they dont really make that much more noise than oem...ive been running mine for about 14months no issues yet...but like always its all up to what you the owner wants...

Old 02-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #6

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
they are a lil louder than reg oem, but not that noticable i dont think, but then again, between the intake, exhaust and stereo i dont notice it...that being said they dont really make that much more noise than oem...ive been running mine for about 14months no issues yet...but like always its all up to what you the owner wants...
Very true lol. Well you know how loud my truck is and with the cut rotors and wagner pads I hear squeaking over my exahust. So yeah thats how bad these are and the pads are only like half warn. Not to mention I have a pulsating rotor in the rear causing the truck to bounce when braking. Sigh....

Old 02-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #7

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Garage
yeah time for some new equipment...

Old 02-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #8

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
yeah time for some new equipment...
For sure. Im still leaning towards OEM pads mainly because of what a few people I trust have told me about them. The rotors I think is my main issue now. Weither or not the drilled and/or slotted is really needed.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
BassMaster
V6 Member

Name: John
Any decent Heavy Duty Rotors?

Old 02-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #10

AWE Daniel
Florida Chapter Vice President

Name: Daniel
Just stay away from the cheapos, I did my rear rotors and pads at my trusted shop here about 2 months ago, they turned my rotors and used cheapo pads, im still squealing, probably another few months before it stops too.