Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #11

Fla 66 cuda
Cummins Member

Name: Lou
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Fla 66 cuda
Originally Posted by ORT View Post
Also, there is a lot of focus on social/lounge type talk on here. The analytics from other sites show that most users are looking for more technical type info like advice for fixing problems, stuff like that.
I agree with this statement but on the same hand most of us do our own work or have somebody that does it for us. But more threads of that content would be helpful.

Originally Posted by AWE Daniel View Post
I dont think the goal of this site is to be an all mopar everywhere site, we need to find ways to draw active members from the southeast region. We arent gonna turn anyone away for not being a mopar or in the southeast but face it that is what we are about. It kinda sucks that the sites in the same network as us dont let us advertise or try to recruit (look at them when they list all the sites in the network we are not there), so really the only way we can gain active members is to have lots of content like DIYs and stuff so we show up on searches. I have handed out a bunch of cards to cars I see but people just ignore them.
Another good point i personally have handed out cards and most have never registered [posting this site on another forum is taboo] but i have been able to do it without issue, i post a photo of the cudas rear window with the big decal in plain view so you can read it. Plus most folks with other brands won't even look due to the mopar in the name,which is ok because we are a mopar forum/club.

Originally Posted by ORT View Post
Agreed. You need to have content on the site to have people join and stay. It is all well and good to have fun convos about GTG's in the lounge, but when the number of threads in just the lounge section is greater than the total of all the threads in all technical sections combined, that makes people think this is a site without technical merit.
Another point to be adressed, just an idea when mods are installed/made they should be photographed and written as a diy thread for others to see plus it will become a library of diy stuff that can be looked up as others preform them.

As far as the classics i have primarily handed cards to classics and their owners are a fickel breed most don't do forums [some don't do computers] so getting them is a tough job, plus the classics that do search the forum sites may come to this site and see more photos of newer mopars and think we are only about the newer models, i know we all promote this site every chance we get and we will continue to do so.We all are like family and we need to work thru this slump, Jay and Kevin and others have worked hard to create this site and as it grew each and every one of us have put some sweat equety into it in one way or another. I'm confedent that we will gain new members but it may take time but we as a family are a patent group.

1966 barracuda 273 auto
2001 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe
All housed at the redneck mansion.

USAF Fighter Aircraft Mechanic 1979-1989

Fla 66 cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #12

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
All very good ideas, it will take time. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Sent from my badass EVO on TapaTalk....

Old 02-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #13

ramn it
V8 Member

Name: Trace
Me and my daughter have a thing going on . if we see a nice mopar at a walmart or wherever I give her the card and she tags it , She loves it makes her feel devious and I'm almost out of cards and not one persons joined?? Maybe a differant way to tags the cars??
Also I've been going to some weekly cruize ins and shows(have pics but there on my phone) and everyone I tell about the club they say there not interested being in a club?? maybe offer them a free sticker or something if they join ??
maybe a" JUST GTG " A get to gather somewhere with no show or anything just a bunch of mopars in a parking lot will get some attention maybe we could hook up for breakfast at a breakfast joint or maybe bowling at a bowling gallery(I bowl an 80) etc...
I use to do car shows at a dodge dealership and it always picked up peoples interest in the club . Theres a show in inverness in march if anyones interested and maybe we could leave some cards at the dealerships "buy a dodge join the club"??
maybe a thread of upcomeing shows . I always get papers or magazines of up comeing shows maybe a post or thread so if we get bored we can look here to see if a shows comeing up
I hope this helps??

Last edited by ramn it; 02-17-2012 at 11:53 PM.
ramn it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #14

AParrette
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to AParrette Send a message via MSN to AParrette Send a message via Yahoo to AParrette Send a message via Skype™ to AParrette
I have a few.hundred cards stilk

Android Fire

Old 02-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #15

Ms.MagnumSLT
R/T Member

Name: Spring
Garage
Still handing out cards here too. me and my son love "tagging" cars in parking lots also. I will continue handing them out and hope we get some of these guys to check us out.

05'Ram 1500 QC window Vents Cherry Bomb exhaust In DashDVD/mp3player
Ram Bedliner Chrome Doorhandles Tinted Windows
Ram head light up tow hitch cover,Billet Grille, Billet locking gas door 2" Ground Force Drop,Westin Bed Caps

Ms.MagnumSLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #16

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Originally Posted by AWE Daniel View Post
I dont think the goal of this site is to be an all mopar everywhere site, we need to find ways to draw active members from the southeast region. We arent gonna turn anyone away for not being a mopar or in the southeast but face it that is what we are about. It kinda sucks that the sites in the same network as us dont let us advertise or try to recruit (look at them when they list all the sites in the network we are not there), so really the only way we can gain active members is to have lots of content like DIYs and stuff so we show up on searches. I have handed out a bunch of cards to cars I see but people just ignore them.
I have a few of mine up, Could we make a General DIY section? Seems like we have a few different areas DIYs could go.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #17

vettetr
Newb

Should consider changing site name to include "trucks". I told a few Viper guys about it, but when you pull up the site it looks like a truck forum. Seems like 90% of the posts are truck related as well. Nothing against trucks but I would prefer to have a more even mix of cars/trucks. Good luck with it.
vettetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #18

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
Originally Posted by vettetr View Post
Should consider changing site name to include "trucks". I told a few Viper guys about it, but when you pull up the site it looks like a truck forum. Seems like 90% of the posts are truck related as well. Nothing against trucks but I would prefer to have a more even mix of cars/trucks. Good luck with it.
when we made the site we came from truck forums and brought all the local members we could, we need the car guys to help us on this...

Old 02-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #19

AParrette
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to AParrette Send a message via MSN to AParrette Send a message via Yahoo to AParrette Send a message via Skype™ to AParrette
Memories

Android Fire

Old 02-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #20

vettetr
Newb

Originally Posted by BAD HABIT View Post
when we made the site we came from truck forums and brought all the local members we could, we need the car guys to help us on this...
Jay, you should consider e-mailing all members asking for input and their thoughts. I know I had a couple of friends who came on and their first impression was TRUCKS. When you sign on, the home page is 98% pics of trucks. One said that he didn't see much here for him since he wasn't much of a truck enthusiast. I guess I would start by mixing up the home page pics etc to give the impression of inclusion. Just my .02.... good luck buddy.
vettetr is offline   Reply With Quote