Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 4TH Gen : 2009 - Present > Engine & Performance
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 08-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #61

garner
V8 Member

Name: Garner
Originally Posted by johnnysart View Post
If I dont get to it tonight one our chop guys here will.

"Not trying to make you mad" but if you turn the truck around so we dont get that sunlight hitting the camera and a little simple green in the engine bay will make a big diff.

just my 2 cents.
Which way should I turn the truck so the sun doesn't hit the camera? Are you talking about the front pictures or the back ones? And where can I get simple green? I'll run and get some tomorrow probably and then I'll post better pictures of the engine bay

Gone but not forgotten:Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28. 2011 Ram R/T
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #62

johnnysart
V6 Member

Originally Posted by garner View Post
Which way should I turn the truck so the sun doesn't hit the camera? Are you talking about the front pictures or the back ones? And where can I get simple green? I'll run and get some tomorrow probably and then I'll post better pictures of the engine bay
The sun should be behind you. Oh and the rear picks of the truck.
and you can pick up simple green at the grocery store.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:29 AM   #63

garner
V8 Member

Originally Posted by johnnysart View Post
The sun should be behind you. Oh and the rear picks of the truck.
and you can pick up simple green at the grocery store.
So the front are fine but the pics of the rear I need to turn the truck around? And I'll look for some of the simple green

Gone but not forgotten:Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28. 2011 Ram R/T
Old 08-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #64

garner
V8 Member

Went to home depot to get some plasti dip but they didn't have any so I grabbed 2 cans that they had and then a little sprayer thing but the sprayer didn't work with it so I tried using the rest of the first can with a brush but that turned out horrible so I peeled it off. Returning the second can tomorrow. Anybody know where I can pick up the spray can plasti dip?

After home depot I went to advance auto and got some caliper cleaner, red caliper paint, engine degreaser, and vht niteshade. Gonna take out the engine cover and top of the airbox tomorrow and spray it with the degreaser and then rinse it off for better pictures. Not gonna tint the tails until I have an extra set just in case I mess up or I get pulled over. While I was there though I saw hemi orange engine spray paint and then brilliant black spray paint. Thinking maybe do the badges in brilliant black and the engine cover and airbox with hemi orange and brilliant black or brilliant black and flame red, what do you guys think?

Last edited by garner; 08-29-2011 at 12:49 AM.