Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Audio & Video
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 08-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #1

ramn it
V8 Member

Name: Trace
Default need some amp help
I had a 7in flip out screen that got terrible reception so I up graded to a kenwood HD now and realized it wasnt the head unit . Its my amp?? every time I hooked the amp and subs my radio gets mad static but if I unhook the amp and subs, crystal clear stations . Does anyone know what causes that?? I checked all my connections and the ground . and with the kenwood they have a power wire just for the amp but still get static where ever I hook the amp too .and I got all the wires away from the antenna but it makes no differance.
Any help would be appreciated .

ramn it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:17 PM   #2

AWE Daniel
Florida Chapter Vice President

Name: Daniel
Were is the amp getting its power, it should come straight from the battery not from the Headunit. And is the static only from the subs or is it radio interference?

If it is radio interference I am thinking maybe the wire is loose at the antenna and maybe the radio is only picking it up from the wire itself, and when the subs cut on the magnetic field is enough to mess with the reception.

Also the radio ground in the factory location isn't always the greatest, I know several people who went to the extreme and ran a ground from the radio to the frame.

If you have access to another amp you could throw that in there and give it a try.