Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Engine & Performance
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 08-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #31

repoman
V8 Member

Name: nick
amaliestore.com.....i pass the sign on 275 everyday.... 12 quart case for like 59 bucks cant beat it

Last edited by repoman; 08-03-2012 at 10:11 PM.
repoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #32
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
Originally Posted by repoman View Post
amaliestore.com.....i pass the sign on 275 everyday.... 12 quart case for like 59 bucks cant beat it
Oh, I can beat that...LOL

You must be running syn blend
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #33

Storm Rider
Super Moderator

Name: Paul
Garage
NOS injector cleaner, Outlaw, or Lucas.

God, Country, & Corps
Storm Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #34

AWE Alex
Newb

Seafoam. Cleans out an engine quick, but change your oil within 500 miles if you put it in the crankcase.

I don't know any reasons to support this, but I have heard that Lucas is mostly snake oil and marketing. Maybe it works differently in different cars, or some makes don't tolerate it. Whatever you use, change your fuel filter regularly and go to the same gas station every time, if you can. That should cut down on crappy gas/contaminants.

2000 CVPI, DDM Tuning 8k HIDs, glasspacks, 2012 Dodge Charge SE 17"s with Michelin Energy
CPS Blaster6 TIR3 LED T/A (A/W), Linear LED dash light (A/W) FL 316.2397(3)
AWE Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #35
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
Originally Posted by AWE Alex View Post
Seafoam. Cleans out an engine quick, but change your oil within 500 miles if you put it in the crankcase.

I don't know any reasons to support this, but I have heard that Lucas is mostly snake oil and marketing. Maybe it works differently in different cars, or some makes don't tolerate it. Whatever you use, change your fuel filter regularly and go to the same gas station every time, if you can. That should cut down on crappy gas/contaminants.
Lucas does market their products well, almost TOO well. As far as fuel is concerned, quality of the gasoline varies from blend to blend, it isnt as consistent as you may think.

As far as putting seafoam in your crankcase...ANOTHER snake oil tactic. You can do the same with Kerosene in your crankcase, or ATF...although, the best way to keep your engine clean, is to maintain your oil regularly. ALWAYS follow the manufacturers recommended drain intervals...even if you are using an oil rated for 25,000 mile drain intervals.
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #36

AWE Alex
Newb

To be fair, I have never put it in the oil, I have just used it as a "top-down" cleaner through the PCV valve, which works remarkably well. I also try to get my gas from the same gas station every time, not only to keep the contaminant variable down, but also to help with mileage issues; since you pointed out that gas does vary, and most gas stations use the same supplier to their stations, as in one gas station uses the same supplier, but another one may use a different one. Strangely, Kangaroo and Marathon both use Eagle as their distributor, at least locally.

I follow the heavy-duty recommendations for my car as much as possible, every 3k (or so). Factory recommendation is 5k.

2000 CVPI, DDM Tuning 8k HIDs, glasspacks, 2012 Dodge Charge SE 17"s with Michelin Energy
CPS Blaster6 TIR3 LED T/A (A/W), Linear LED dash light (A/W) FL 316.2397(3)
AWE Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #37

FL06SRT10
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SmokedRam
Oh and Mike, WalMart stocks the Mobil 1 0W40 bud $6.47 per quart is the online price versus Advance Auto Parts price of $8.99 per quart...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-0W-40-1qt/17034373

Buying it from WalMart at their $6.47 per quart price could save you nearly $25 per oil change before tax and oil filter.
I did a little bit better than that today
2 5qt jugs Mobil 1 0w40 and used a paper $20 off $50 coupon that came in the mail.
That brought the total to $59.90 including tax
I also recycled a used battery for $5 gift card so my out the door price $54.90

I think that's pretty good...
I tried to order online and use a coupon but guess they don't allow that anymore on oil...but for anything else order online and do pickup in store and save big $$$

Born On 05/16/06 1:00am
479HP ; 517TQ
Mopar Perf. Comp. Coupe Cam w/H.S. RRs & Comp. Cams VSs w/Pushrods, Mopar Headers, Mopar Perf. PCM, Mopar (Borla) exhaust, Mopar Cold Air Intake, Bedrug, 170 Deg. Tstat, Speedhut Rev. A/F & Fuel Press. Gauges, JTS Billet TB, JTS V.C. Spacers, JTS Screamon Demon Coils, JTS Ignition Wires, JTS Catch Can, JTS radiator pipe, JTS SS Brake Lines, JTS PS Line & Oil Line Kit, & JTS Shifter#5 w/Pistol Grip & Tonys Magic Touch!
FL06SRT10 is offline   Reply With Quote