Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Engine & Performance
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 03-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #11

Well, I was going to put it on today but then got wrapped up in changing the oil in the wife's jeep and changing out my egr. Maybe this week I will get a chance to put it on and see what it does.
ORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #12

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
IMO, a LP booster of either brand works good on a 03 especially if you have a high stall TC which softens the shifts. I have no issues with mine.

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #13

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

While playing with LP monitoring I finally bought a Sonnax and got good measurement off of it, the resistance that is used is 380 ohms. This goes in series on the signal wire. IMO, if you are tuning you need a LP booster. My LP sensor I got from AeroForce crapped out after a month. I don't think it could handle the constant pressure fluctuation. I'm not going to use a sensor again, but a analog gage. It'll be temporary setup just to see where I am at with the current tune and LP.

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Old 06-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #14

truckin
Newb

Name: Ryan
I can tell you with the DSP that all they do is drop the TM and do nothing to the line pressure. The sonnax is a good mod, just be sure to reset everything otherwise the the hard shifts you encounter at first turn to crap the firt time yu really get on it. Almost feels like it blew out 3rd. Reset the PCM and all was good again
truckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #15

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Before the LP sensor gave up I was ready 40-45 psi at cruise, with the transgo booster 4.7k ohm resistor wired parrallel to the sensor I got 125 psi. I expect pretty close to the same with Sonnax. This was before tuning. Manipulating the MAP voltage diffinitely alters trans settings and without having real numbers to back up what I'm saying. I wouldn't tune without having a LP booster installed. Tuning I suspect may be lowering the LP uncontrollably. I'll post my findings when I find a good gage.