Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Engine & Performance
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 03-15-2011, 06:48 AM   #11

You got to install the vararam. That is a nice looking intake and from what I have read it works well too.
ORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:43 PM   #12

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
I posted the values on DT a while back, I hate relaying on my memory so I'll look them up before posting. But a quick brief is the Sonnax and Transgo us different methods but get pretty close the same results. The Sonnax resistor is in series with the LP signal to the PCM and the Transgo is in parallel with the LP sensor itself. The differnce being the Sonnax increases pressure across the pressure range the same amount. And the Transgo being parallel increases pressure more on a sliding scale depending on the actual pressure. i thought i had the pieces necessary to install a LP pressure gage yesterday but found out I have the wrong test adaptor. I'll get it sorted out soon.

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #13

I am liking the Sonnax more and more every day.
ORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #14

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
Here is my post from DT with the resistor values.

I'm jumping to conclusions, but IMO line pressure is the main reason so many folks are having clutch failures. The TCM has several inputs to determine the LP.Tuning by pulling fuel often tell the sensors there is less load than what is being generated and this reduces LP, causing slippage. I'm sitting up my AI gage to read LP so I can keep an eye on it to prove myself right or wrong. Transgo and Sonnax both raise LP by altering the LP signal which in my mind is needed. Transgo method is to parallel the LP pressure sensor (rheostat) with a 2.2k resistor. This I believe alters the signal the greatest amount when LP is at it's lowest and tapers off as pressure is increased. Actually pretty sophisticated. Sonnnax uses a 15 ohm resistor in the signal output and alters the signal across it's entire range. I'm thinking a hybrid of the two would work the best. Use a resistor to raise the LP signal a given static amount and then parallel the signal to give greater pressure when the signal is at it's lowest. I'm shooting for 180-190 psig. Any input is welcomed.
Edit: I see no problem in installing both LP resistors an using a tuner.
Good luck...

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote