Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Engine & Performance
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 02-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #1

speedy
Newb

Default repairing the cause of p2302 code??
I have the 4.7L.. I got this code (p2302=Ignition coil #1 secondary circuit insufficient ionization) about 5 months back, around a month after i put my shorties on. I didn't notice the engine running bad so i cleared the code and it was gone. It has popped back up a few times since then and i would just clear it. Yesterday it came back on and decided i need to do something about it. The truck runs like normal. There's no miss or rough idle. There's no loose plug or connections. I thought about just changing out the coil but i don't want to waste money on something that won't fix the problem. Anyone here have any knowledge on this code.

I have read shorties will cause this which seams this is my case but why only Ignition Coil #1? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
SLT8
Newb

Had P2317 and P2315 and after checking the coils were good i just went through the wiring harness and saw a cut section.Corrected and been code free since.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #3

speedy
Newb

Hmmm i called myself check all the coil wiring but i will take a second look. Thanks for the info.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote