Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #1

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Default Lotta fun playin with my new CODE READER.
After Tee and I got home from a local car show today.... (I did NOT enter; kinda misty out; was gonna drive LUCKY but battery was dead this morning, so I drove BLUE up there ~ NUFF said).... anyhow when I got home I decided to read my book and try to understand what this code reader did. I went to LUCKY first and plugged 'er up and set the reader to Chrysler products and began the search. Absolutely NO CODES came up.... wondered IF I might find something why my battery was dead... with NO codes... must just be the battery.

Then... I took it over to BLUE, hooked 'er up and WHAT ~ To MY SURPRISE, it read you have the wrong oil in the engine. WOW, did NOT know this tool would know that.... YOU see I used Mobil 1 but used 5W30 instead of 5W20 as I had about 10 quarts left from a previous car and because it was BLUE and NOT one of our good cars thought ~ "What the hey!" That is the ONLY error it showed on Blue, checked engine, transmission and ABS system. Then as I was scrolling through the options it showed I have 86.5% of a full tank of gas ~ Cool... it showed what the idle was set at 633RPMs, read out some other things I did not understand... but I'll read up on those.

Then getting REALLY BRAVE......
Over to the DEMON I went ~ kinda knew this should be INTERESTING!!!
AND..... Boy O Boy.... was it.... Had immediate codes post up; believe FOUR IN ALL.... did NOT write these down.... BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT TO KNOW!
(For anyone that doesn't know the DEMON IS a Lousianna Flood Car that was down for a whole year just trying to get someone to repair it.) We look at the DEMON this way....it it STARTS & MOVES ~ LEAVE THAT ONE ALONE ~ LOL ~

Last edited by NOTPAID4; 09-17-2011 at 07:44 PM.
NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
You should really research the codes before the starting and moving turns into not starting and not moving....

Its early enough you could catch whatever the issue is and take care of it before it gets out of control....
Onk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #3

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Originally Posted by RamStrat View Post
You should really research the codes before the starting and moving turns into not starting and not moving....

Its early enough you could catch whatever the issue is and take care of it before it gets out of control....
Understand, but the DEMON car has so much replaced except the engine.... LOL Lucky this one is even resurected from the DEAD! We have tons of money in this one just in parts.... Complete rebuilt trans and trans cooler, complete new dual exhaust system, new head and tail lights, new radio, new PCM, new radiator, complete front fuse box replaced, rear fuse box repaired, a LOT of modules in the CanBus system. SO ~ this is why IF the DEMON starts and moves, leave well enough alone. We had to have it hauled on a wrecker once from North Baltimore Md all the way back to North Carolina.
Nuff said ~ LOL~

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
lol ok...its your car
Onk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #5

Storm Rider
Super Moderator

Name: Paul
Garage
I know you are loving your new gadget. Know you will have to check everything and use that as a TO DO LIST. You already do more than most dealerships ever thought of doing.

God, Country, & Corps
Storm Rider is offline   Reply With Quote