Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > The Gamer's Hide Out
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 05-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #11

AWE Daniel
Florida Chapter Vice President

Name: Daniel
Yeah satellite internet blows chunks! Try to go with cable or if you can get Verizon Fios fiber optic, it is hella fast.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #12

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
We have bright house road runner lightning up to 40mbps Been having an issues lately where everything will loose internet then come back again off and on. Then sometimes loose it all together. I have one of their guys coming out today. I'm having them run a dedicated line for internet into the modem and hopefully will have them move the modem inside the house instead of in the attic.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #13

AWE Daniel

Aaron it may seem weird but the best place for a wireless access point is above the area that needs it, so the attic is usually a good choice.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #14

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Originally Posted by AWE Daniel View Post
Aaron it may seem weird but the best place for a wireless access point is above the area that needs it, so the attic is usually a good choice.
Oh it is? Well I thought I heard that from somewhere and thats why I had he guy put it in the attic the first place. Every tech that comes out looks at me weird when I tell them its in the attic lol. Then I will just have them run the dedicated wire from the outside box to the modem so there i no more splitter. Thats what they are saying is causing the issues IDK. Only downside about having it in the attic is I cant have a wired connection for the PS3 only. Im sure I could get 50-100ft of wire and drop it down the wall but I can live without.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
Originally Posted by 03 Rammer View Post
We have bright house road runner lightning up to 40mbps Been having an issues lately where everything will loose internet then come back again off and on. Then sometimes loose it all together. I have one of their guys coming out today. I'm having them run a dedicated line for internet into the modem and hopefully will have them move the modem inside the house instead of in the attic.
We also have been having similar problems with our 40mbps service...but they usually can't find any problems. Our modem and router are with 20 feet of where ever we are in the house with the laptop (living room/bedroom)....everything will be working fine, then BAM, every wireless device will lose internet access...normally I have to go out to the Florida room and reset the modem then power cycle the router thats attached to it.
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #16

AWE Daniel

From what they told me in school the router broadcasts in all directions, including down, so having it above you supposedly beams the signal everywhere you need it. That's the theory anyway.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #17

AWE Alex
Newb

It's the same theory that applies in radio broadcasting. Radio signals propagate in 360 degrees on all axis', and the closer to the central point, the better the reception. For ideal coverage, you would center your broadcast station in the most central part of the attic, to provide the most coverage. The opposite is true too, wireless devices don't just receive, they broadcast back, so in order to do that, the receivers need the best connection. Line of site is best, of course, but not practical in modern houses, unless you run multiple receivers throughout the house.

In your case, the problem more directly lie in the splitter. Every single cable/Internet issue I have ever had in terms of connection, has lied in the fault of a splitter being used. If a line is being split between multiple duties, the capability of that line is reduced by the amount of times it is split, the only exception being fiber optic (it currently enjoys the highest rate of data transfer, so direct signal loss is negligible). Getting rid of that splitter will most likely solve a large portion of localized issues in your house. Connections outside your house, ie cable/Internet company transfer boxes, well, not much can be done about that.

2000 CVPI, DDM Tuning 8k HIDs, glasspacks, 2012 Dodge Charge SE 17"s with Michelin Energy
CPS Blaster6 TIR3 LED T/A (A/W), Linear LED dash light (A/W) FL 316.2397(3)
AWE Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #18

AWE Daniel

Lol Mr expert out of nowheres

Old 06-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #19

AWE Alex
Newb

I don't know a lot about a lot but I know a little about a little lol

2000 CVPI, DDM Tuning 8k HIDs, glasspacks, 2012 Dodge Charge SE 17"s with Michelin Energy
CPS Blaster6 TIR3 LED T/A (A/W), Linear LED dash light (A/W) FL 316.2397(3)
AWE Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #20
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
^^^ Lol
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote