Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > semopar.com Forum > SEMopars Events
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

SEMopars Events Big Things That Are Happening

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #221
4XLGator
Viper Member

Name: Lee
We have the UF/FSU watch party in November so we should spin that into this GTG. We are still searching for a place, the one we went to last year was recently sold.

Honestly, myself and a few others like the idea of going to a bar/restaurant for a GTG as opposed to a BBQ due to buying stuff, prepping, loading, unloading, cooking/grilling, etc. the bar/restaurant idea would be a lot less work for people and would also give more time to enjoy ourselves.

We'll figure something out. And if we do decide on a BBQ, I think it should be a little earlier in the day.

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 via Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #222

FL06SRT10
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 4XLGator View Post

Honestly, myself and a few others like the idea of going to a bar/restaurant for a GTG as opposed to a BBQ due to buying stuff, prepping, loading, unloading, cooking/grilling, etc. the bar/restaurant idea would be a lot less work for people and would also give more time to enjoy ourselves.
Then ya should have spoke up before so I don't waste my time trying to coordinate something that people will just bail on later. Seemed like everyone was for this idea at first then as usual people bail. I find that this is the problem with most clubs there is a lack of participation and interest from its members and this is why most clubs don't have good events and eventually fail. My 2 cents

Born On 05/16/06 1:00am
479HP ; 517TQ
Mopar Perf. Comp. Coupe Cam w/H.S. RRs & Comp. Cams VSs w/Pushrods, Mopar Headers, Mopar Perf. PCM, Mopar (Borla) exhaust, Mopar Cold Air Intake, Bedrug, 170 Deg. Tstat, Speedhut Rev. A/F & Fuel Press. Gauges, JTS Billet TB, JTS V.C. Spacers, JTS Screamon Demon Coils, JTS Ignition Wires, JTS Catch Can, JTS radiator pipe, JTS SS Brake Lines, JTS PS Line & Oil Line Kit, & JTS Shifter#5 w/Pistol Grip & Tonys Magic Touch!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #223
4XLGator
Viper Member

First off, Mike, back it down a notch or two.

In regard to the topic, I don't recall you asking for input on ideas, dates and/or locations. As I recall, you posted and ran with it. Although we appreciate your effort and enthusiasm in trying to coordinate this, official club functions are usually handled in a different manner.

In addition, the bar/restaurant idea was brought to my attention JUST RECENTLY by another member. And I am not the only one to prefer an earlier start time.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #224

FL06SRT10
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 4XLGator View Post
First off, Mike, back it down a notch or two.

In regard to the topic, I don't recall you asking for input on ideas, dates and/or locations. As I recall, you posted and ran with it. Although we appreciate your effort and enthusiasm in trying to coordinate this, official club functions are usually handled in a different manner.

In addition, the bar/restaurant idea was brought to my attention JUST RECENTLY by another member. And I am not the only one to prefer an earlier start time.

I will not back down a notch or two on my opinion sorry I will express myself as I feel fit...
It was not even my original idea it was suggested to Tampa wax slingers and I gave my opinion on a location some people liked it so I went with it...no one ever cared enough to do it except me. I have ran clubs an know u can't make everyone happy i understand that and the date will never work for everyone but when people commit to a date and then bail a week before its a bit aggravating and then ya post about a restaurant idea like that's why people bailed... Instead of making excuses we should have been trying to put something together to make it work.

479HP ; 517TQ
Mopar Perf. Comp. Coupe Cam w/H.S. RRs & Comp. Cams VSs w/Pushrods, Mopar Headers, Mopar Perf. PCM, Mopar (Borla) exhaust, Mopar Cold Air Intake, Bedrug, 170 Deg. Tstat, Speedhut Rev. A/F & Fuel Press. Gauges, JTS Billet TB, JTS V.C. Spacers, JTS Screamon Demon Coils, JTS Ignition Wires, JTS Catch Can, JTS radiator pipe, JTS SS Brake Lines, JTS PS Line & Oil Line Kit, & JTS Shifter#5 w/Pistol Grip & Tonys Magic Touch!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #225
4XLGator
Viper Member

I'm not asking you to back down your opinion, everyone is entitled to one and I won't discredit anyone's opinion. I was referring to your delivery/tact, or the tone in which your post, directed at me, seemed.

And I'm not saying that people backed out at the last minute because they like the restaurant/bar idea better, not at all what I meant. As I said, that was brought to my attention recently. I thought I would share the idea because it seemed the BBQ may get rescheduled.

And no one is saying you can't still have it on Sunday for that matter.

Sent from Lee's iPhone 5 via Tapatalk

Last edited by 4XLGator; 10-17-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #226

FL06SRT10
V6 Member

If someone else wants to coordinate the BBQ or reschedule or change to a restaurant etc please feel free to take over...

479HP ; 517TQ
Old 10-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #227

Fla 66 cuda
Cummins Member

Name: Lou
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Fla 66 cuda
I personally appreciate your efforts Mike and i have to agree with you as how you can't please everyone,i would rather have a BBQ in a park ect [i don't drink so a bar/resturant is not my choice] Lee does make a good point as far as a resturant would save everyone some work and give more time for socalizing but also for what we all would spend there a BBQ makes more money sence. I too have ran clubs and car shows and it is very frustrating to assume responsibility of organizing something that seems to be getting overlooked and at the last moment folks change things or bailout. I think that we should postpone this GTG [BBQ] and let the Lee,Kevin,Jay put together some ideas and present them to us [members] then we can come together on a date and time [earler is better] that we all can give our thoughts on and then hammer out the details. Please don't argue between each other life is too short. This BBQ was doomed from the first rescheduling there were too many of our leading members canceling due to work/life in general,this was a Get Together for all members that were willing/able to come and thats what we should work to accomplish in the GTG in the future. Just my 2 cent rant.

1966 barracuda 273 auto
2001 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe
All housed at the redneck mansion.

USAF Fighter Aircraft Mechanic 1979-1989

Old 10-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #228
4XLGator
Viper Member

Well said, Lou.

Sent from Lee's iPhone 5 via Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #229
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
Locked for now.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #230

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
Locked or Not i can speak my mind, we have struggled with planning a bbq event for a yr. We here at SEM want to make it so everyone can come (thats our nature we are a family, let alone a club) from the get go a date was picked and set. Alot of us were gonna make that date but mother nature had a different plan. Then we all tried to set another date which worked with schedules, and this date was picked and stuck, none of us had a valuable opinion, I even tried. Just because we cant get a date in the fall for a club bbq that fits around 30 members schedules doesnt mean its a demise of this club. We all have families, and we all have jobs/careers. We can and will figure out a date for a BBQ, and we can also plan on having a club g2g, with our annual UF vs FSU Throwdown. Theres no reason we cant do both, but i can promise there will be a missing head or 2. Not everyone will make the events. I say that cause I for one have a sticky schedule. Not sure what everyone thinks but lets look at the first weekend in November can everyone give there thoughts on that weekend?

Closed Thread