Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Photo Gallery > Members Rides
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 10-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
4XLGator
Viper Member

Name: Lee
Default BigGirl's Makeover
I've been wanting to make a build thread for a while now and now is the time.

I purchased her in November 2007, used with just over 10k miles on the odometer. At the time, I was married and we had a 2004 Nissan Armada and a 25' pull behind toy hauler RV. It was decided the 25' RV was too small and we traded it for 35' 5th wheel toy hauler RV. Well, the 5th wheel required a truck. The GM, a buddy of mine, at the RV dealer called a buddy of his who owned a car lot and asked if he had anything on the lot that would pull it. He said "yes, I have a 1-ton dodge with Cummins that will pull it that I just picked up, and guess what it already has a 16k 5th wheel hitch in it". My then wife took off to go look at the truck and have the Armada appraised for trade-in, I had somewhere else to go and couldn't go at the time. Later that evening, my then wife came home and immediately started unloading our personal items out of the Armada. When I asked what she was doing she said "I love the truck, you're gonna love the truck, let's go by in the morning on the way to work so you can look at it and drive it". I drove the druck a block and two and fell in love.

As she was when purchased (pic was taken in July 2008...didn't take many vehicle pics back then), Previous owner mods included rhino'd or line-x'd bed, diamond plate aluminum toolbox and rail caps, and, a 16k Reese 5th wheel hitch.
4XLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
4XLGator
Viper Member

The marriage didn't work out and we separated/divorced then the modding began, listed in chronological order. Can you believe she actually wanted me to give up my truck in the divorce? I think my response was "HELL NO, you're outta you're *&#@$ mind!!!".

April 2010 - tinted front two windows to match factory tint on rear windows (and yes, I lived in RV for a year):

May 2010 - new tires and wheels, Banks air intake and debadged the doors:

Old 10-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
4XLGator
Viper Member

December 2010 - debadged tailgate less ram's head and added color-matched Bushwhacker pocket style fender flares (tires stuck out a bit):

Old 10-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
4XLGator
Viper Member

January 2011 - I decided to lower her! :)

NOT!!! (Chop courtesy of AWEDaniel)
Old 10-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
4XLGator
Viper Member

April/May 2011 - New Bilstein 5100's shocks, Top Gun Customz 1" rear lift blocks and Top Gun Customz dual steering stabilizer with Bilstein 5100's:

Old 10-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
4XLGator
Viper Member

July 2011 - Removed the oxidized 3rd brake/cargo light cover (still have this if anyone wants it), replaced stock 3rd brake/cargo light with Recon smoked 3rd, installed Recon smoked cab lights (many thanks to Kevin/Onk for the install help) and she got tagged SEM style:

I also had the muffler cut out but have no pics.

Last edited by 4XLGator; 10-07-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
4XLGator
Viper Member

September 2011 - shorty antenna mod, painted rear diff cover (much thanks to Adam/SmokedRam for the paint) and first exterior detail by Cianfrocca Detail/Tampa Wax Slingers:

Last edited by 4XLGator; 10-07-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #8
4XLGator
Viper Member

October 2011 - first interior detail by Cianfrocca Detail/Tampa Wax Slingers (no pics), tinted headlights, tinted fogs and tinted tail lights:

Also removed the diamond plated aluminum rail caps and toolbox and add a BAKflip F1 bed cover, BAK rail, tailgate and bulkhead caps, and, a tailgate lock:

Last edited by 4XLGator; 10-07-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #9
4XLGator
Viper Member

December 2011 - Hornblasters shocker S4 horns with ViAir 350C compressor (thanks to Justin/RedneckRocket for selling me his horn kit, and thanks to Weedahoe for selling my a new 350C compressor):
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
4XLGator
Viper Member

August 2012 - While leaving the July Cianfrocca Detail CnC, I tried to runover Adam/SmokedRam but his truck got in the way...stay outta my way dude!!! LOL While she was in the shop, it was as good a time as any to get rid of the chrome on the front end. So out with the chrome grille and partially chrome bumper and in with the new. Many thanks to Tim Urban at Alternative Koncepts for his excellent work and promptness in repairing my and Adam's trucks.

And while things were being painted, I decided to have my door spears color-matched too. We attempted to remove them but the paint was bubbled underneath, like everyone said they would be, so we just restuck the one we partially pulled off and painted.

Here's a collage to show before and after of spears and front end:

Also, while Adam's truck was being repaired at the same place, I decided to have his grille shell color-matched as a surprise and a "I'm sorry BigGirl tried to hump SmokedRam" gift...I really felt bad that I hit his truck and inconvenienced his time involved dropping off and picking up his truck and such. I think he liked it!