Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Interior & Exterior
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 06-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #1

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
Default Shift light install
I installed a AutoMeter level one shift light. It compliments the floor shift nicely. My rpm window switch is located near and it had a tach output along with 12vdc and ground wire. Really easy install.

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #2

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
That looks awesome!!! I also have a three guage pillar pod with gauges but cannot find anyone to install them....sigh!

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #3

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Originally Posted by NOTPAID4 View Post
That looks awesome!!! I also have a three guage pillar pod with gauges but cannot find anyone to install them....sigh!
Jim, what gauges are you mounting? This stuff is super easy. Mostly based around ign 12v, grd and a trigger source. AeroForce just pluggs into the OBDII port. Why not do it yourself?

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Old 06-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #4

AParrette
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to AParrette Send a message via MSN to AParrette Send a message via Yahoo to AParrette Send a message via Skype™ to AParrette
mines gonna suck, i'm going for wideband, trans temp and boost for my triple a pillar and than dual aeroforce for the hud pod. voltage and vacuum (vac = hunt for good gas mileage)

so ya i'll have what i want for gauges before i go aeroforce for the other stuff

Old 06-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #5

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

I use the AeroForce for Trans temp, water temp, wide band, knock, all the stuff. I even had my Trans LP connected. When the LP sensor failed it took my AeroForce out. IDK, what it did, but I disconnected the LP sensor and the AeroForce came back on later. The unhappy part is that I now realize how totally dependent I am on the single gage. Another thing is that the gage is not always spot on in relation with time. It sample the multibus and that can be adjusted. But don't use it as a shift light even through it has that function. If you look at the picture the Aeroforce and the shift light are reading different rpm's. That's because the AeroForce reads off of samples.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #6

AParrette
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to AParrette Send a message via MSN to AParrette Send a message via Yahoo to AParrette Send a message via Skype™ to AParrette
thats why i'm gonna get the aero last
i know a bunch of ppl w/ em and they say its the best just a tad slow

and considering i'm gonna get custom tuning i need an up to date gauges at a single instance

Old 06-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #7

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Originally Posted by AParrette View Post
thats why i'm gonna get the aero last
i know a bunch of ppl w/ em and they say its the best just a tad slow

and considering i'm gonna get custom tuning i need an up to date gauges at a single instance
The sampling rate can be increased but with that said IMO it is good the way it is except when relaying on the announciator to act as a shiftlight. Actually the announciator is a warning light and can be activated by any of the programed inputs. I'm setting mine up to monitor the knock sensor, so I know when I have any knock retard. A/F wideband monitor obviously is your key tool when it comes to custom tuning. I would recommend using a A/F monitor that has a datalog capability. Good luck..

Old 06-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #8

AParrette
Turbo Member

well luckily the ones i finally settled on have data log

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Black...uel-Gauge.aspx

what sucks is the car has black gauges
i could switch to white face but it wouldnt match the car in the end

Old 06-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #9

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Originally Posted by AParrette View Post
well luckily the ones i finally settled on have data log

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Black...uel-Gauge.aspx

what sucks is the car has black gauges
i could switch to white face but it wouldnt match the car in the end
That looks like a nice gauge, but $200 you can add a A/F wideband to a AeroForce gauge. The gauge says it has a 5vdc output. This output could be used to drive the AeroForce gauge but then that doesn't make a lot of sense. I don't know how that output could be used to record datalogging. I am sure someone knows how. But my thought is to have a gauge that inputs to a laptop to actually record a datalog run. This can then be reviewed and your fuel map adjusted accordingly. Obviously I haven't researched this at all. But i have an idea of the product I want. Right now I'm physically monitoring my A/F gauge and my laptop software live. This is way too busy for me to be happy with.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
Sweeeet!!!
Onk is offline   Reply With Quote