Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #1

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Default Saga of Tee's car we call DEMON!
Tee's 06 SXT = The "DEMON" saga...
Most of you Ole timers remember Tee's 06 SXT we have always called "DEMON" and the whole story behind it and ONE of the reasons we have MORE magnums. Thought for FUN I post some latest updates on this CAR!

We bought our 06 SRT first and Tee wanted a magnum too so we found this 06 SXT at a "rinky dink" small dealer. It had 17,100 miles on it and looked sweet. The previous owner had added new 22" wheels, true dual exhaust from the engine to the rear; (NO "X" or "Y" pipe, custom halo headlights, LED tail lights, tinted windows, a Jensen indash CD/DVD/MP3 player, DropZone 2" lowering springs, Brand new transmission and trans cooler the day we picked it up.

Then... we drove it 'til 19,000 miles and tons of dash lights came on and it would start; not start and acted "Weird". Took it to our local dealer and the "SAGA" BEGAN.....

Found out this was actually a Louisanna Flood CAR!!! We drove it to the dealer... IF it started YOU could go anywhere; just might not start again. Dealer put in a new computer and called and told US they wanted to change out both Fuse boxes, and complete wiring harness for $3600 ADDITIONAL beside the computer, WE SAID FORGET IT... we would keep it for PARTS. Went to pick it up and the dealer said it's outback but WON'T START! WHAT??? AND charged us $818 for the new computer! We drove it there! Anyhow, forum friends told us to try the "key trick"... Turn on key, the off, three times and try to start it... It started on the fourth try. I pulled around and the tech came out and asked ME how did YOU get it started..... R U Kidding..... Told HIM I paid YOU to get it started...

We then took it to FIVE different places to try to get it fixed, including our friend Jay in Maryland... just couldn't get it working. We were about to completely give UP, keep it for parts, when I call another local dealer and told them it was a FLOOD car and wanted to get it repaired ~ WE DID NOT WANT TO GIVE UP ON IT!
This dealer said they'd be glad to TRY! We had it towed from Maryland to this dealer back here in NC, 30 miles North of our house. In the meantime ~ Tee was so dissapointed; as this car was DOWN for almost a YEAR now... so I began looking and found her a 05 Mag R/T ~ One owner, old lady owned, PERFECT condition with 42,000 miles so I bought IT for her on Thursday... so we name this one ANGEL as it's PERFECT; now SHE had DEMON & ANGEL.
The wrecker dropped off the DEMON the very next Monday and Tuesday they called and said the DEMON is repaired ~ FOUR DAYS AFTER, we bought ANGEL!

Of course we did have to put some serious MONEY in the DEMON but it was all worth it in the end! For what we paid for IT and all the repairs done, we still could NOT have bought one from a car lot for the total cost we had in it. Tee and I are SO THANKFUL we never did give up on the DEMON!

And we are very grateful to our special friends that helped us get parts for the DEMON! A heartfelt and SPECIAL THANK YOU to GreenKing (Ross) for the parts he sent to US. With out him.... the DEMON might be in pieces sitting in our back yard! Ross ~ YOU are THE BEST!

Today, and we drove it yesterday, THE DEMON runs FANTASTIC! It currently has 26,700 miles and a FUN car to drive.

ON another note.... THIS CAR RUNS SO GOOD ~ we were on some back roads; nice straight stretch... and Tee took off at WOT; remember this has a 3.5L, and ME... being a wise guy was behind her with my red R/T LUCKY and thought I'd just FLY by her....after all I got a HEMI...... I was SHOCKED>>> I could NOT pass the DEMON... I stayed right with here but could NOT do any better...

This is HOW AWESOME THE DEMON RUNS TODAY.....

This is the DEMON when we first got it....

This IS the DEMON today......

Last edited by OklaHemi; 04-05-2011 at 01:38 PM.
NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #2

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
cool story and sweet results. gotta love a happy ending

OklaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #3

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Originally Posted by OklaHemi View Post
cool story and sweet results. gotta love a happy ending
Thanks MIKE, I'm NOT sure how to do that.... did you just go to the body of the letter an copy and paste???

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #4

Storm Rider
Super Moderator

Name: Paul
Garage
Demon has come a long ways. I know how much ya'll enjoy driving it.

God, Country, & Corps
Storm Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #5

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
yeah i went and copied and pasted the text then i had to save the images to my computer, you could skip this, upload the to photobucket and insert them. them i had to add your bold color for your swagger. no problem bud

OklaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #6

car_enthusiast63
V6 Member

Name: Jordan
Great story, and what makes it even greater is the happy ending to the story. Keep up the fantastic work guys!!