Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > SEMopars Club Section
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

SEMopars Club Section Created by Members

Old 04-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #1

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
Originally Posted by AF_Hemi View Post
my guess is either im reallllly lucky and this PCM just accepted it, OR hemifever is just freaking amazing. Probably a combo of both
Well, I think having a good tuner certainly helped. But my theory and we know what those are worth it is your MAP sensor not the PCM is slightly different. If you want to test it, put another sensor in and see if there is a change. I pulled my MAP sensor out yesterday to see what it would take to install jets. I threaded the hole to 3/8-18 and drilled a cut off bolt with a 1/8 drill just to see if I could detect a change. No change, I'll keep going smaller untill she chokes.

Storytime: Since you have one of those new Tang's you might appreciate this story. Coming out of Walmart, there was a brand new GT/CS black convertable sitting next to Red. As I put my stuff up a couple my age (old) started getting in. The broad might have been a little older as she had some work done. They were in their church going outfits and she had this big hat. Anyway, I said, man that thing looks fast. The guy looks at me all sheepish and says, oh my wife is a real speed demon. I said have you had it at the track? He looked like I just accused him of fondling the neighbor's kid and said No I don't push it. Meantime the bride is struggling with her hat trying to get in and finally throws it in the back seat. Apparently the new ride is not fitting into their lifestyle well. What I'm thinking is someone is going to get one hell of a deal on a practically new GT/CS convertable real soon...

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #2

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

After I got the PSC1 installed today I pulled out my home made jet and soldered it up and redrilled it to .100. This is down from .125. Still runs without issues.

Edit: We talking about my MAP restricter project....

Next project is wiiring up the window switch for the Pwr steering sensor.

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Last edited by Redtruck-VA; 04-11-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #3

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Scored a 6.1 ignition conversion kit for an excellent price so I'll be getting rid of all those fuggly wires.

OBTW, 03's rule!

Old 04-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #4
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
You sir are a modding guru!!!
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #5

AF_Hemi
Newb

Name: Aaron
Send a message via Yahoo to AF_Hemi
haha this is awesome. what have you gained by making your MAP more restrictive?

KRC 210 cam on 110lsa, custom tune with DSP, AI gauge, 6" Fabtech , 35" Trail Grapps around 18" Procomps. 4.56 gears, Auburn LSD, Pacesetter LTs, magnaflow. K/N CAI, efan, TMR delete, all sorts of blacked out, tow mirrors, 3000w sounds w/ homemade custom box

2003 Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi (slightly modded)
2012 Mustang GT/CS

... for His glory
AF_Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #6

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Originally Posted by 96MagnumRam View Post
You sir are a modding guru!!!
Not really, I just returned from overseas and this is the stuff I've been planning for the last six months. Plus I just dumped close to a month's worth of work in three days on the forum. lol

haha this is awesome. what have you gained by making your MAP more restrictive?
This project is in preparation for a cam install, so what I'm doing is trying to find the point that it becomes too restrictive to track the vacum and then back up a little hoping this will keep cam reversion from upsetting the idle. If this doesn't work then I'll go with a remotely mounted MAP and try to manipulate it using a vacum can. I'm just trying to take some of the sensitivity out of the MAP sensor. That and a raised idle I think will work well with a 03. Hell, might even help with the newer trucks. As they say, we will see...

Old 04-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #7

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Got the Granattelli window switch installed today, I am thinking this may be a must for 03's witha cam. Basically it raises the idle to 800 rpm and then it slides slowly down to 675 rpm. Rev it up past 1000 rpm and it repeats. Does not affect drivibility. This is a very controlled event and should make a lumpy cam behave nicely. But as they say, we will see.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #8

AF_Hemi
Newb

Name: Aaron
Send a message via Yahoo to AF_Hemi
oooooh im VERY interested in this now...

My fuel trims are so out of whack right now because its either good fuel trims and wont run right, or runs smoothly but pig rich. Maybe this could help!

KRC 210 cam on 110lsa, custom tune with DSP, AI gauge, 6" Fabtech , 35" Trail Grapps around 18" Procomps. 4.56 gears, Auburn LSD, Pacesetter LTs, magnaflow. K/N CAI, efan, TMR delete, all sorts of blacked out, tow mirrors, 3000w sounds w/ homemade custom box

2003 Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi (slightly modded)
2012 Mustang GT/CS

... for His glory
AF_Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #9

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

oooooh im VERY interested in this now...

My fuel trims are so out of whack right now because its either good fuel trims and wont run right, or runs smoothly but pig rich. Maybe this could help!
Aaron, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you would benefit from the high idle mod.

Last edited by Redtruck-VA; 04-15-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #10

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Aaron, I honestly don't know how a cam with the overlap you have runs at stock idle. Back in the day we idled our SB's up to 1200 rpm. Lower the idle the more reversion the intake see's which degrades the MAP signal. This is why I'm focused on idle and cleaning up the MAP signal by isolating it. The MAP jet project probably won't work. But if we use a remote MAP we can manipulate it to a much greater degree,