Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > LX Forum > Charger
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 06-02-2013, 05:09 AM   #1
NCInvestigator
Newb

Default Cold Air Intake
Good morning and greetings from Greensboro, NC.

While doing a search for a Old Air Intake for my 2013 Dodge Charger R/T, I came upon a link one of your members, showing a replacement internal filter from Summit Racing. I like the look and design of the traditional Mopar Cold Air Intake, but hate to spend $300, as the factory box is serving the same function (not sure of the difference of the diameter of tubing), but without the chrome dress up. Maybe there is more difference than I know about.

With that said, the replacement of the filter at Summit Racing (adaptable to 3", 3.5", and 4" tubing), was only $29.95. That is an awesome price, in comparison to all the "brand names." Does anyone know where I can locate a chrome cross tube and adapters to make this work with my vehicle?

Thanks ahead of time.

Jim
NCInvestigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #2
NCInvestigator
Newb

After posting, I went back to the Summit Racing website, and found the brand of both a Cold Air Intake system, as well as the internal filter I stated in my initial post to be Spectre Performance.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular Cold Air Intake? Only $149 at Summit Racing for entire Cold Air Intake kit (versus $300+ for Mopar). Please provide pros and cons if you have experience with Spectre Performance.

Thanks again!!!

Jim
NCInvestigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #3

ramn it
V8 Member

Name: Trace
jim look at EBAY . They have pages and pages of tubing and everything for a cold air intake to wrap around your car. and usually real cheap

ramn it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #4

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Check at 3GCustomz.com. They sell BIG BULLY CAIs very reasonable. We have FOUR of these.

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #5

Mr. Moe
Newb

Name: Moe
Originally Posted by NOTPAID4 View Post
Check at 3GCustomz.com. They sell BIG BULLY CAIs very reasonable. We have FOUR of these.
Oh Oh Moe is following you.

How's it going bud...
Mr. Moe is offline   Reply With Quote