Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > LX Forum > Charger
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 08-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #11

UnderCover
R/T Member

Name: Art
I finally got the chance to get some work done on my emergency lighting - It's not 100% complete, but I installed what I had, and I'm waiting for a few more things to come in.

I also got to put in the blue LED accent lights under the hood. It goes great with the freshly painted blue engine cover.

UnderCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #12
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
Looks awesome dude!!!

So how about your old TA?? huh huh huh???

Wink Wink Wink

Nudge Nudge

Cough Cough

Hint hint
Onk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
Originally Posted by RamStrat View Post
Looks awesome dude!!!

So how about your old TA?? huh huh huh???

Wink Wink Wink

Nudge Nudge

Cough Cough

Hint hint
Im thinking that was a little too subtle...

Hmmmm
Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #14

AWE Alex
Newb

I like it! Needs an HLF and some intersection warning, though. The revised taillight flasher for the Pursuits would be useful too.

2000 CVPI, DDM Tuning 8k HIDs, glasspacks, 2012 Dodge Charge SE 17"s with Michelin Energy
CPS Blaster6 TIR3 LED T/A (A/W), Linear LED dash light (A/W) FL 316.2397(3)
AWE Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #15

UnderCover
R/T Member

Originally Posted by AWE Alex View Post
I like it! Needs an HLF and some intersection warning, though. The revised taillight flasher for the Pursuits would be useful too.
You can't use headlight flashers with the civilian model chargers - the computer won't allow it. I've got 2 more sets of vertex hideaway LED's for the front coming (one for the fogs, one for the headlights), and a taillight flasher that flashes the outer ring of the tails.

Kevin - It's gonna be a bitch to ship, but if you want it that bad, we can work something out..

Old 08-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #16

AWE Alex
Newb

Wait, why can't you use the HLF? Does it have to do with the stupid "Lamp Out" warning? You could always adapt it to work with the fogs, or swap out the current fogs for PAR36's. I think Whelen makes some that are intended for dual-purpose use, regular fogs and warning lights.

Edit: Apparently SoundOff makes a HLF for use with civilian Chargers. I wasn't able to find a part number for it, but it's referenced several times on eLightbars. Another way to go would be to swap the civilian LCM with the Pursuit LCM.

2nd edit: This guy is using one on a R/T for his fire/ems response. He says it is a SoundOff solid state HLF.
http://youtu.be/XXqiV9jSW5Q

2000 CVPI, DDM Tuning 8k HIDs, glasspacks, 2012 Dodge Charge SE 17"s with Michelin Energy

Last edited by AWE Alex; 08-24-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #17
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
I'm wondering if it's because that's not a new body charger and arts is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2012, 06:09 AM   #18

AWE Alex
Newb

The body changed, but the electronics didn't. It probably has to do with the backfeed that can happen in those circuits. There were other references on that board dealing with '11 and '12 models and using the same HLF on both civvy and Pursuit models.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #19

UnderCover
R/T Member

I know there is one out there that works, but at the same time, I can't legally use it to respond in NY, and I have HID headlights. I don't want to risk voiding the warranty on those because they're about $850 a pop to replace. I may decide to throw some hide-away LED's in there in the future, depending on how much clearance I have.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:22 AM   #20

UnderCover
R/T Member

When I installed everything in the car, the Amplifier-Relay Module (ARM) for the siren and light controls, and the scanner were sitting in the back of the trunk, just temporarily secured down with Velcro for the the last 2 weeks. I didn't want to leave it like that, so I called in the help of a friend who is great with wood. (giggity)

I had him cut a piece of wood to go across the trunk floor, from the back of the seats, about 1 foot out to provide a platform to mount the equipment to. You can't see it, but it's pretty damn cool, because he notched out the one side to allow it to sit flush against the backs of the seats, with clearance for the strut tower brace. Then he built a box with an open back for access to the wiring. All I have to do is flip the seats down, and I can get to every single wire going into the system. Once I got it mounted and painted, I used the extra space on the wood to mount my fire extinguisher, and the chargers for my two FD flashlights. I'm very pleased with the way it came out.