Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Classified Forum > Wanted
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Wanted An area to list the things you need.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #1

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
Default Looking for a Sonnax or Transgo LP booster
Gentlemen I have my LP guage setup and am going to experiment with different value resistance and a hybrid of the two systems. By far the easiest way to make changes is to have a plug in unit that can be easily plugged in and removed with changes done on a bench. I'll post my results for all to share. So with that said, if someone wants to contribute to the cause or sell me a LP booster with "plugs" I am in need. As a tidbit, does anyone know that the LP is constantly fluctuating between 45psi and as much as 165psi depending on MAP/TPS signals to the PCM?
Thanks,

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #2

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Found one, Thanks..

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Old 05-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #3

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
Glad you did I was going to suggest a homemade sonnax. I know odj has a how to and df and rf.

OklaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #4

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Mike, thanks, Actually I'm after the plugs. I've built several boosters and want to see what the Sonnax actually looks like and get some values off of it. OBTW, my LP sensor died and I'm going to try it a little different with a anolog gage. The AeroForce has a vulnerability being all your eggs are in one basket so to speak. If it goes off line you got no gauges. I got the AeroForce back working but no LP anymore.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #5

I am interested in hearing how the Sonnax effects the line presure.
ORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #6

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Originally Posted by ORT View Post
I am interested in hearing how the Sonnax effects the line presure.
With the Transgo style booster I got 90 psi increase, unfortunately when i started testing the Sonnax style is when the sensor failed. I'm thinking the sensor can't take the constant fluctuation. Anyway, I'll start testing again when I get my gage set back up. I suspect it will be very similar to the Transgo.