Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #1

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
Default juice fast
have any of you guys heard of this? after watching fat sick and nearly dead last night on netflix, chrissy got the great idea to go on a juice fast and drug me into it as well. we already own a vtamix so having a smoothie for breakfast or lunch is an almost everyday occurrence, this is only stepping it up a little. i agreed to go 10 days with her, then immediately tried to back out because i remember the holiday coming up. neither of us are severely overweight we are doing this more to cleanse and are planning a major eating habit change after. anyway we took pics and are documenting daily so if anyone cares ill post up a before and after too see if there is any truth to this. the guys on the show were losing 60lbs in so many days but the were also "obese". we are in good medical health so we are pretty confident about giving it a try although a loaded fajita burrito and 16oz steak sound so good to me and its only the first day.

i will also be adding in moderate exercise as well (what my back and ankle will allow).

Last edited by OklaHemi; 09-01-2011 at 08:55 AM.
OklaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
4XLGator
Viper Member

Name: Lee
Yes, please post, I'm interesting in seeing and hearing about it.

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk
4XLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #3

ramthis9501
SRT Member

Name: Colton
Garage
Me to post it up

Old 09-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #4

OklaHemi

Garage
alright so day 2 has started and honsetly this is tough. Chrissy and i broke down last night and each ate 1 home made lettuce wrap with beef, cheese, avocado, and cilantro. i really dont think this fast is intended for people with kids. we were so hungry and tired we were both snapping at the kids and thats not fair to them. none the less we are pushing forward. i lost 2 lbs since my weigh in yesterday morning and im not as hungry so far today. i have read that you are never supposed to go full bore into a fast and that after the third day you stop being hungry. we will see about that. so minus the setback its going ok. veggie juice is really potent stuff, throwing in some fruit helps take the edge off but i have learned that saying "its not that bad" is code for your taste buds screaming "what the fuck are you doing to me?". i have been chugging the juice down as fast as possible to get it over with hopefully this will change.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #5

blackshadow
V6 Member

Name: walter
Garage
I think you need to relinguish your phone, we can't be having any late night Papa Johns!!!!!!!

07 qc/sb sport edition, blackcrystalpearl, Lear hard tonnau cover, projector lights, recon tails and 3rd brake lights, dodge bed organizer,led lights inside and out, K&N cai, stainless steal under hood cover, power programmer

blackshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #6

johnnysart
V6 Member

Ohhhh that sounds tough. You might have to try this just a little at a time so you kinda get used to it.

If you want to cleans yourselves just try adding a high fiber diet cut down on the beer and sodas. try drinking more juice and water.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #7

ramthis9501
SRT Member

Name: Colton
Garage
I bet you'll get used to it

Old 09-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #8

OklaHemi

Garage
I can't drink beer I have never acquired the taste. The only time we have soda is if we eat out, that has stopped. Kickin red bull was the biggest for me I was putting down 16-32oz a day. I'm making some adjustments as far as what goes into the juice so hopefully that will help the taste

Old 09-03-2011, 12:45 AM   #9
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
Originally Posted by OklaHemi View Post
I can't drink beer I have never acquired the taste. The only time we have soda is if we eat out, that has stopped. Kickin red bull was the biggest for me I was putting down 16-32oz a day. I'm making some adjustments as far as what goes into the juice so hopefully that will help the taste

Do you mean you were putting down between 16 and 32 ounces per day or you were putting down 16 - 32oz cans a day??
Onk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #10

OklaHemi

Garage
im mean either one or two 16 oz cans a day