Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > SEMopars Regional Chapters > Central Region > Florida
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 09-08-2010, 06:17 AM   #11

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
i violate plenty myself....why would you post this to make us aware that we are in violation....they are laws and as my father in law says its up to the discretion of that officer who pulls you over....i have been personally complimented by local leo's about how the truck looks....

Old 09-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #12
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
I think its a good source of info and i enjoyed it....its not going to make me change the way i do things tho....lol

You should have posted up the statute for window tinting not legally allowed to be darker than 28%....lol which is another one i Violate with my tint being 5%
Onk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #13

AParrette
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to AParrette Send a message via MSN to AParrette Send a message via Yahoo to AParrette Send a message via Skype™ to AParrette
i break most myself
but if you know the law you could probably talk your way out of it.
for instance the tinted tails law. if you know you pass the measurement requirements than you could fight it in court.

i for one break the exhaust noise by not having a tailpipe or tradition muffler
but i'd rather know the law and not draw attention to the problem when pulled over. so when i got the headlight cover ticket, i killed the radio, rolled down the windows and killed the motor and took the little 70$ fine for tinted covers, when i had a laundry list of things i could be written up for.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #14

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
yes its very good info i didnt ask it in a mean way by any means, it just brings the truth out about the things we do to our trucks...

Old 09-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #15

Brian9
Newb

Uh oh.... lol that does suck. Oh well. I have had plenty of cops behind me and never been pulled over for tinted tail lights. I did sweat it the first time or two after I had tinted them I think they would only pull you over for that if they were going to pull you over to begin with and just use it as an excuse which they would of found another one if it wasnt for the tinted tail lights anyways.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #16

MikeHTally
Newb

Name: Mike
Garage
300 candlepower?! Ya gotta strike a match to SEE 300 candlepower!

TrueFlow CAI
Magnaflow SIDO Cat-back
ARE Tonneau
_________

aFe Stage II CAI

MikeHTally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:31 AM   #17

HammerZ71
Newb

It's good to know the law. I got a buddy in Florida who got pulled over in his truck on the way to my house (for me to install a mod or two). The cop pulled him over for the sole purpose of making him put covers on the Hella lights on his grill guard.

The cop informed him that he could be ticketed for driving on the roads in Florida with "Off-Road" lights uncovered EVEN IF THEY WERE OFF AND IN THE DAYTIME (as was the case here). He informed him that he was "giving him a break" by letting him install the covers, but that if he didn't have the covers with him, he'd have had to give him a ticket.

I can not find ANYWHERE a statute in Florida that says any auxiliary lights have to remain covered while on the road!!!
HammerZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #18

AParrette
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to AParrette Send a message via MSN to AParrette Send a message via Yahoo to AParrette Send a message via Skype™ to AParrette
well i got pulled over friday night for my hid's, the tint, exhaust, license plate cover and a few other things

i was told i would be given a "break" by only getting a warning
i was pulled over by 3 deputies. and i was told i would have been given $600 in fines
so i need to get my hid's fixed since they are stuck in the high beam position. and since i drive with my windows down i could care less about the tint. and i was pulled over at 2140 so they weren't targeting the truck from in town driving