Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Classified Forum > Promo Codes
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 01-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #151

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
Wow what a nightmare with there stuff, this seems like a repeat of a cpl yrs ago when they did a huge sale on df and eveyone went thru this...

Sent from my badass EVO on TapaTalk....

Old 01-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #152
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
^ and I wouldn't let him even come close to doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Onk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #153

DrewRam
V6 Member

Name: Drew
I gave up on their kits completely. I ordered new DDM true hi/lo hids not the halogen combo crap which really bothered me from day one. The quality and output of the ddm kit puts the Hidextra kit to shame. I did waste some money on this mod but lesson learned lol i will stick with what I know works in the future.

via DroidX (Tapatalk)

DrewRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #154
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
IMO,

Its a total waste of money to get the xenon Hi/Lo kit. If you are running 6K HIDs, there is absolutely no need for the Hi/Lo kit. In fact, the "Hi" in the Hi/Lo kit isnt any brighter then the "Lo" its just a different angle. I drive in the middle of no where on back unlit country roads sometimes, and have never needed brights for anything. Save your money and get the Xenon Lo/Halogen Hi kit. (the ONLY reason they put the Halogen "Hi" is to make them DOT approved...The kit in my truck is just a Xenon Lo/No Hi kit)

Just my .02
Old 01-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #155

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
I'm living proof and so are many others you don't need the relay harness nor resistors for the hid low halogen high. Only needed their cap packs/harness. You guys might not know, but on some of the other forums I'm considered one of the hid gurus. Just speaking from experience that's all.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #156

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Originally Posted by RamStrat View Post
IMO,

Its a total waste of money to get the xenon Hi/Lo kit. If you are running 6K HIDs, there is absolutely no need for the Hi/Lo kit. In fact, the "Hi" in the Hi/Lo kit isnt any brighter then the "Lo" its just a different angle. I drive in the middle of no where on back unlit country roads sometimes, and have never needed brights for anything. Save your money and get the Xenon Lo/Halogen Hi kit. (the ONLY reason they put the Halogen "Hi" is to make them DOT approved...The kit in my truck is just a Xenon Lo/No Hi kit)

Just my .02
x2 I have had them an installed plenty total waste of time no different.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #157
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
Originally Posted by 03 Rammer View Post
I'm living proof and so are many others you don't need the relay harness nor resistors for the hid low halogen high. Only needed their cap packs/harness. You guys might not know, but on some of the other forums I'm considered one of the hid gurus. Just speaking from experience that's all.
Well idk if it's because Lees truck is an 06 but his lights did flicker and other shit, until we put the new harness to bypass the stock power system now they operate perfect. My truck I had to install resistors to stop the flash too. Phuckin canbus/obd systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #158

LB3711
Turbo Member

Name: Matt
Send a message via AIM to LB3711 Send a message via MSN to LB3711 Send a message via Yahoo to LB3711
Relay harness is good in the sense that it doesn't use the oem wires to power the hids just the switching signal which is alot less power. I have always used a relay setup for hids. Even in my stratus. It's a good idea.

Sent from my tapatalk equipped AT&T iPhone 4.

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Hemi Big Horn 4x4 -- Has Mods
LB3711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #159

DrewRam
V6 Member

Name: Drew
Originally Posted by RamStrat View Post
IMO,

Just my .02
I didn't get the HI/LO for visibility, I like the ability to "flash" and the halogen HI is just ugly for that IMO. As far as a waste of money..it really isn't that much more. (I got the fogs and the HI/LO kit shipped for less than $90) Plus the HI/LO kit requires them to be run with a harness (Which is included in the kit)

The main reason I didn't like the LOhid/Halogen HI was that on one side of the truck the HI bulb was above the HID bulb and the other side of the truck the HI bulb was below the HID bulb. I tried to see if I could rotate the bulb but not without tearing it apart and putting it back together. It was just ugly when I turned on my HI's and one light would shoot up and the other would shoot down. Maybe I had two lefts or something LOL i just didn't like it

Last edited by DrewRam; 01-30-2012 at 02:41 PM.
DrewRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #160

AWE Daniel
Florida Chapter Vice President

Name: Daniel
Originally Posted by 03 Rammer View Post
Like Kev said the 06s are crazy different, I am like you I just run the caps, but his was way different.