Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > SEMopars Regional Chapters > Central Region > Florida
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #41
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
Superchips is actually in Sanford, which is north east of Orlando...Hooters, at least the ones around here are synonymous with cruise in's...right along with Quaker Steak and Lube
Old 04-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #42
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
Originally Posted by Wildbee659 View Post
How about 100% for the charities? IMO, people maybe more willing to donate and participate in the raffle knowing its all going to a good cause.
Thats why we are saying upfront that 75% will go to charity and the club will keep 25%.

We (SEM) need to start to get some money and this is a good way to do it! We arent asking for people to give us money, but should they feel the need than they do.

Its a win win. The charities wont be upset even if we give them 20 bucks....its all money they didnt have...and we can get a little on the side for merch...
Old 04-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #43

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
Originally Posted by Wildbee659 View Post
How about 100% for the charities? IMO, people maybe more willing to donate and participate in the raffle knowing its all going to a good cause.
even with 25% coming to the club it is still non profit. the money isnt going into anyones personal pocket but will help fund future ventures to put on bigger shows with more participants more vendors more donations more shows more participants more vendors more donations more shows..... eveything being done at sem is for the love of mopar and hanging out with great people but that isnt alwasy free or cheap.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #44
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
Originally Posted by OklaHemi View Post
even with 25% coming to the club it is still non profit. the money isnt going into anyones personal pocket but will help fund future ventures to put on bigger shows with more participants more vendors more donations more shows more participants more vendors more donations more shows..... eveything being done at sem is for the love of mopar and hanging out with great people but that isnt alwasy free or cheap.
Thats a very good point Mike...I keep forgetting about SEM being a NPO...
Old 04-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #45
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
The powers that be (if they havent already) should look into getting us registered as a NPO...it would benefit us greatly.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #46
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
I have looked into it breifly, and Car Clubs come by day and go by night.... from what i have seen and spoken to from other buddies that own carclubs, its hard to classify a car club as a NPO....
Old 04-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #47
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
hmmmm, I wonder if wewere classified at something other than a CC if it would make a difference....you know, try to find a loop hole somwhere.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #48
Gold star
Newb

Name: Brent
where is the show at i would like to attend!?!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #49
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Originally Posted by Gold star View Post
where is the show at i would like to attend!?!
If all goes to plan bud it will be at the Hooters on W Hillsborough Ave in Tampa
Old 04-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #50

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
i was thinking the same thing Kev, about the cop shop, they love cruise ins and im sure i could get it there if hooters backs out i would just need a lil advance notice not 3 days before...and for what its worth i have tried to claim us as a npo, and get us other things like a tax id and stuff like that....

Closed Thread