Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > SEMopars Regional Chapters > Central Region > Florida
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 09-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #31
4XLGator
Viper Member

Name: Lee
Yeah, that's crazy for an entry fee.
4XLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #32
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
Yeah, exactly...I really dont think thats something our members would be interested in participating in.
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #33
johnmcd348
Newb

Yeah, the Lake Mirror Show is pretty High Class but that's mainly around the actual Lake area. They actually close down the entire down town area and there are cars parked all up and down the roads. There's cars of nearly every make/model and it's a pretty good show. I agree, that for people like us, $50 for a vehicle entry just isn't worth it. This show is really a lot more taylored to the true classic and old car, custom car show types.
johnmcd348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #34
johnmcd348
Newb

Also, thinking about Lake Mirror, it's more of a car show than a Club Event. The last two years my son and I have gone, I really don't recall there being any actual "Clubs" represented. It's more an individual owners show. They do try to group different types of vehicles together when it's possible but I don't think it's actual club groups. So to say, if we(new guy I know) came in as a "Club", they would probably still have us placed with other Trucks, and then next street over, would have Classic Muscle cars for the Challengers, Chargers, etc, etc.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #35
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
Thanks for the info bud!
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #36
johnmcd348
Newb

There was one this past weekend over at the Highlands Park Church of the Nazarene on Lakeland Highlands Rd. They have it every Labor Day. Nice eclectic collection of whatever vehicle happens to drive in. There is a registration for it but I don't know the specifics. I met Carlos, who told me about this site there. Really nice 392 Challenger. Those are the two main "real" shows. There's another drive in show that happens over in the Target parking lot on Harden Blvd. I think it may be a car club or something that sponsors a drive in there occasionally. I know the Burger King has a lot of pictures in the lobby of cars from past shows there. Again, it's one where you'll find classic 50+ year old cars next to a 2008 low rider.

The one at the Church is organized with awards given, but like I said before, they have some clubs show up there along with others who just have a car they want to park in the show. I saw the Model A club there, a Low riders club, along with Muscle cars, Studebakers, Classic British cars(Healeys, TR3, TR6), Jeeps, a couple of Bronco II's, a low number Early Bronco Roadster, tons of different vehicles and a few old tractors. Many in like new condition, some with paint worse than the rough paint on my 92 Bronco Full Size. I may take mine there next year just to represent.

Last edited by johnmcd348; 09-07-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #37
johnmcd348
Newb

OK, checked in on the Show at the Highlands Park Church of the Nazarene's Labor Day show.

Fellow by the name of Brian Stevens called and left a message.

Entry fee: Free

Website to register: http://highlandparkcarshow.com/Site/Welcome.html

He said all you have to do is register online or even day of the show. He said they recommend people show up around 8am for parking and the show runs from 10-2 on Labor day.

Just something to keep in mind maybe for next year.