Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Lowered
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 02-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #21
Stealth Mode
Banned

Name: ^^
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Stealth Mode
I like the 3" drop control arm's. You're paying $360 for em' anyway. Set it on the ground WITHOUT bag's!
Stealth Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #22

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
Originally Posted by tuned93 View Post
yeah, they're a bit pricey... but i think im good on fundage for a lil bit
i know you are, you planning on laying it out static now, i mean you'll have to drop the back after too, let me in on these plans...

Old 02-06-2011, 07:16 PM   #23

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
alright first thing remove the front bump stops and remove the steel cups. i have to use a a grinder and a sir chisle. it took little time and my HOA loved me and my neighbor doing this at 1030 at night. you can get some trimmable bumpstops at advance for chep and cut them to 1 5/8s. i rode around for a long time with out bumpstops and never "botommed out" but i did destroy my wheel liners. if you dont remove or replace the bumpstops your truck may be riding on the frame causing the wheel to be on angel, mine was. i wore out the inside of my front tires in a matter of months.

OklaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:15 AM   #24

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
With your spring drop I would suspect you are sitting on your front OEM bumps already. I recommend removing the OEM cups even on a stock height 2wd, The OEM suspension just doesn't have any travel. Without bumps you may rub the inner fender liner on full compression. I use a polyurethane cut to 1-5/8". Apparently I can't post pictures so I can't show you my setup. To get the alignment done use adjusters, you will need to two kits. If you want to bag it then I would focus on doing that and not get distracted with doing another drop. Fully lay'd out will require extensive frame fabrication both front and rear. Good luck and post pictures if you can..

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #25

OklaHemi

Garage
see greg knows his shit

Old 02-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #26

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Originally Posted by OklaHemi View Post
see greg knows his shit
Not really, but I've massaged mine so much it has stuck with me. Takes time to work out all the little bugs at each level. One of the reasons I hate dropping again. But will probably go another inch. Been working on an idea using Aeon spring to replace the rear bumps. If these work it may eliminate the need to notch when using a full 4-1/2" drop. Plus helper bags won't be needed to tow. I'll post up later on how it goes.

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Old 02-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #27

OklaHemi

Garage
like these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-T...Q5fAccessories

i saw something similair but a different brand. i think they are awesome

Old 02-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #28

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Originally Posted by OklaHemi View Post
like these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-T...Q5fAccessories

i saw something similair but a different brand. i think they are awesome
That's the manufacturer. They make all different sizes, the ones I looked at are A155-65 rated at 660 pounds, with a compressed height of 7/8". This would increase load by 1320 pounds and not raise the static height. I have 1 inch bumps on it now so these are actually shorter under full compression. Don'y need air or anything as these a completely passive.
http://www.timbren.com/aeon-single-c...on-springs.htm

Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #29

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
greg you will be able to post pics soon, its just the site probating your account so we know your not spamming, or you can use photobucket...
ken go all out, then ill take the drop from you...

Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #30

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Jay, I can post pictures now, thanks

2/4 drop...