Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > General Discussions
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 08-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #11

RamSport97
V6 Member

Name: Patrick
Send a message via AIM to RamSport97 Send a message via Yahoo to RamSport97
Looks great! Love the color matched grill. Glad everyone was alright!

Save the wave!

RamSport97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #12

Fla 66 cuda
Cummins Member

Name: Lou
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Fla 66 cuda
Looks great Adam they did a nice job, too bad that front plate distracts from the look your trying to get.

1966 barracuda 273 auto
2001 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe
All housed at the redneck mansion.

USAF Fighter Aircraft Mechanic 1979-1989

Fla 66 cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #13
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
Originally Posted by Fla 66 cuda View Post
Looks great Adam they did a nice job, too bad that front plate distracts from the look your trying to get.

Yeah, I am hoping that Daniel get the SEMopar license plate deal fastened up soon, so I can get a plate that will blend in better.
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #14
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
My bumper was damaged and replaced...the height of the front of Lee's truck and the height of the back of my truck, and the angle of impact allowed the tailgate of my truck to take 90% of the damage. Lee's tow hooks slid right between the bottom of my tailgate and the top edge of my bumper and actually damaged the bed sill.

Unfortunately, Lee's truck was actually damaged MORE than mine. His grille, passenger side headlight, bumper cover and I believe his passenger side fender were damaged.

Had it been a straight on impact, I am sure more of my truck would have been damaged, but it wasn't.

I really don't appreciate the "insurance fraud" comment though, playing around or not. It was way off base and uncalled for.

Last edited by SmokedRam; 08-08-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #15

repoman
V8 Member

Name: nick
done! --- btw grill does look good!
repoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #16

Fla 66 cuda
Cummins Member

Name: Lou
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Fla 66 cuda
Where's Lees photos, yours looks great can't wait to see his those guys do nice work.

1966 barracuda 273 auto
2001 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe
All housed at the redneck mansion.

USAF Fighter Aircraft Mechanic 1979-1989

Fla 66 cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #17
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Originally Posted by Fla 66 cuda View Post
Where's Lees photos, yours looks great can't wait to see his those guys do nice work.

I am taking him to pick BigGirl up this Friday
Old 08-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #18
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
Originally Posted by SmokedRam View Post
Originally Posted by repoman
looks like insurance fruad....lol that big ass truck didnt get ur bumper? mmmmmm instresting lmao!
Im sorry Nick, but I too, agree with Lee and Adam here. Although you may have intended it to be a joke, thats not something you joke around about on a public forum. This is the internet and things can spread like wild fire. I wasnt with them when this happened, but they called me after it happened, cause they were on their way to meet me for lunch. You dont know what its like to drive a lifted truck. Lifted trucks can do MASSIVE amounts of damage with little to no effort.

Insurance fraud is also something to not joke about. It is a HUGE problem today. I was involved with an insurance fraud case, and my insurance company ended up shelling out 30K for some dumb lady who has a long history of insurance claims.

My accident with her was identical to what happened with Lee and Adam. I was behind this lady and we were both stopped. Light turned green (she was the first car in our lane) I was behind her, she started to accellerate as did I then for no reason at all she slammed on her brakes. I was probably at 3mph (AT VERY MOST) when I contacted her, and cause $9,182.87 in damages to her car and $347.27 in damage to my truck.

Damage to my truck (Left side of bullbar and I tweeked my pass side bumper bracket)

And remember this very important fact. 3MPH....
Her car

So their accident, while it may not make sense to you as to how it happened, was just that. An accident. We all need to be happy that no one was hurt. As a matter of fact, something I have said to both Lee and Adam, they are both lucky that it happened the way it did. It happened, they are dealing with it, and things are being made right. No court. No Ticket. No Insurance Hikes. No Drama. I was ticketed, I have to go to court and I have been dealing with this shit since May 7th when it happened.

I apologize for the rant, and I know you have a weird sense of humor, but the only thing I can ask is to think before you post. Try and think of how someone else without your sense of humor may read or take it and post accordingly.

I deleted your other posts because I didnt not feel the need for others to read your sarcastic remarks and quite frankly dont appreciate that kind of sarcasm on our site.

EDIT - Thanks for apologizing Nick.
Onk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #19

repoman
V8 Member

Name: nick
got it...SORRY WAS MEANT AS A JOKE DID NOT MEAN TO CREATE A PROBLEM FOR ANYONE!!!
repoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #20
4XLGator
Viper Member

Name: Lee
Originally Posted by SmokedRam View Post
My bumper was damaged and replaced...the height of the front of Lee's truck and the height of the back of my truck, and the angle of impact allowed the tailgate of my truck to take 90% of the damage. Lee's tow hooks slid right between the bottom of my tailgate and the top edge of my bumper and actually damaged the bed sill.

Unfortunately, Lee's truck was actually damaged MORE than mine. His grille, passenger side headlight, bumper cover and I believe his passenger side fender were damaged.

Had it been a straight on impact, I am sure more of my truck would have been damaged, but it wasn't.

I really don't appreciate the "insurance fraud" comment though, playing around or not. It was way off base and uncalled for.
To add to this, often damage done in an accident doesn't make sense...just doesn't always add up.

For example, the damage to my front bumper and to Adam's rear bumper makes sense to me. Reason being, Adam's rear bumper is metal and my front bumper cover is one piece of molded ABS/plastic. Adam's rear bumper was damaged and replaced, although the damage was minimal it still needed to be replaced. My bumper cover, actual bumper behind the cover and one of the mounts were damaged and are being replaced. The bumper cover got into my passenger fender and the fender needed minor repairs and repainting.

What doesn't make sense a lot of sense to me is above the bumpers. The damage done to Adam's tailgate was quite bad. What hit his tailgate was my grill and passenger headlight. My grill only had one crack in the lower right corner about 2-1/2 inches long. The bottom mounting tab on my passenger headlight was cracked, not even all the way through.

So yeah, Nick, even though your comment was off base and effed up I agree the damage doesn't make much sense. But like I said, it doesn't always make sense. Kevin's accident referenced above is a PERFECT example...$9200 damage to one car and only $350 to the other.

Moving on...Lou I will have pics up soon. Like Adam said, I am picking up my truck on Friday just after lunch. And I can hardly wait! LOL

EDIT: Appreciate the apology, Nick.

EDIT AGAIN: I am soooooo gonna need a new siggy!!

Last edited by 4XLGator; 08-08-2012 at 06:37 PM.
4XLGator is offline   Reply With Quote