Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Lowered
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 11-14-2010, 01:23 AM   #11

car_enthusiast63
V6 Member

Name: Jordan
yea i would like to put a weld on it as well but i would like the bolt on type so i have the added security of the weld and bolted down as well.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:43 AM   #12

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
Just thinking out loud, but what you asking is the perches from a flip kit. These come up for sale frequently. But I don't see why they can't be made from a perch from a trailer supply. Measure the axle tube diameter so you get the right perch, then get some 2" wide x 1/4" flat bar. Measure the distance from the underneath side of the perch to where the spring is. This should be about 3" long. Weld them to the new perches and they should perform the same as the perches from a flip kit. Good luck and post some pictures.

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:51 AM   #13

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Ok, let me try this a second time. Why not use a perch from a trailer supply? Measure the diameter of the axle to determine which perch to use. Use a 2" x 1/4" flat bar and measure from underneath the OEM perch to the spring. My guess something like 3". weld the flat bar to the new trailer perches and it should perform the same as a flip-kit perch. Good luck...

edit for picture:

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Old 02-12-2011, 04:58 AM   #14

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Ok, let me try this a third time.
Jordan, I've tried to post some ideas about how you can make your own perches but the site comes back something about invalid post. So PM me and I'll be happy to share. Hopefully the ADMIN here will get me squared away soon.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #15

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
they are showing greg and that is an excellent idea. i read a few years back where a guy got a set of perchs from a tractor supply and made his drop kit. he ended up with a homemade 4/6 drop for like 80.00 worth of parts

OklaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:12 AM   #16

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Originally Posted by OklaHemi View Post
they are showing greg and that is an excellent idea. i read a few years back where a guy got a set of perchs from a tractor supply and made his drop kit. he ended up with a homemade 4/6 drop for like 80.00 worth of parts
Where, I don't see them....

Edit: they didn't show for me at first, all the duplicates can be deleted. Thanks

Last edited by Redtruck-VA; 02-16-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #17

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
it was on dt a few years back when i first got my 08. i was exploring lowering options and came acrossed it. let me search

OklaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #18

car_enthusiast63
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Redtruck-VA View Post
Ok, let me try this a third time.
Jordan, I've tried to post some ideas about how you can make your own perches but the site comes back something about invalid post. So PM me and I'll be happy to share. Hopefully the ADMIN here will get me squared away soon.
no worries, I actually had a change of mind from when I posted asking about the perches a few months back and have actually gone with a lift on the truck. I had to, I was stuck between lift or lower and after being in a few lifted trucks I decided lift was for me. I really appreciate it though, Thanks

Old 02-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #19

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Gotcha.....

Old 02-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #20

car_enthusiast63
V6 Member

By all means though post the ideas you have, maybe even a new thread on how to make your own perches, I'm sure some other members are probably wondering how to make them.