Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > LX Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 12-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #1

BOS/SRT
Newb

Name: Jimmy
Default DMH Low Profile Electric Cutouts - Write Up
I removed the entire cig lighter assembly, leaving a hole for me to mount the cutout switch, but the hole is bigger than switch. I couldn't find a plastic adapter, fortunately I tried "power brake check grommet and it fit perfectly and the switch is secure. Here's the pic of grommet...

Here's the ash tray switch..

I will post more pix of install and unit later tonight. I will also be running the wiring through the firewall grommet into the bay and wrap it up secure, so it will be ready once they weld the cutouts.

CarbonbyDesign, Billet Tech Designer, Razor's Edge, SpeedLogix, KW v2, Predator 91 tune, 22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels , Nitto 420s, BWoody Sway endlinks, Hotchkis sways, Magnaflow highflow/mod c-back, DMH electric cutouts, 22elite, BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV, Killerglass, ABG roof lip, GSM intake, Danko v2 spoiler, tinted corner/tails, Neffywrap
BOS/SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #2

BOS/SRT
Newb

I apologize, because i didn't take many pictures of install. I didn't think it was necessary, because there are already plenty of threads on this mod. I just did it a little differently. Most tap into the cig lighter, i just replaced it with the cutout switch, which i then ran the line under lower dash panel, beneath the steering wheel. Zipped it to the only rubber grommet i could find leading out into the engine bay, then bunched the lines up and zipped it. I tucked it up around the wiper blade motor untill the cutouts could be welded on.
here's the few pics of have of the interior and grommet area to run the line out from.
cig lighter assembly removed:

cutout switch:

under the drivers dash, grommet opening: not necessary to remove lower dash panel to get to it.

engine bay opening:

CarbonbyDesign, Billet Tech Designer, Razor's Edge, SpeedLogix, KW v2, Predator 91 tune, 22" 3 pc Covet Forged Wheels , Nitto 420s, BWoody Sway endlinks, Hotchkis sways, Magnaflow highflow/mod c-back, DMH electric cutouts, 22elite, BND ALL Quantum Blue/ACESIV, Killerglass, ABG roof lip, GSM intake, Danko v2 spoiler, tinted corner/tails, Neffywrap
Old 12-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #3

BOS/SRT
Newb

mounting plate received wasn't fully welded and one the adapter was slanted, which means would cause a bad seal and leak.
mounting plates:

Lou's fixed both issues and did an awesome job running the two wires to the cutouts. gotta admit, better than i expected and something i didn't think about.
drivers side:

pax side:

Old 12-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #4

BOS/SRT
Newb

Here's a vid of cutouts sitting. I will try to get some of drive by soon... btw, video does this mod no justice. It's louder and meaner in person.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
damn fine work....looks great
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #6

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
thats a odd way for dmh to make those i figured they would be a universal like inlines, but i guess not but those look good and sound nicer....

Old 12-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #7

Fla 66 cuda
Cummins Member

Name: Lou
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Fla 66 cuda
Nice install sounds good thanks.

1966 barracuda 273 auto
2001 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe
All housed at the redneck mansion.

USAF Fighter Aircraft Mechanic 1979-1989

Fla 66 cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #8

BOS/SRT
Newb

unfortunately the owner has a bad rep and i know why...... oddly enough, i haven't really opened them up since installing them. don't know why? oh yeah, there loud as shiat and almost caused an elderly couple to get into an accident at the light. i knew it was an elderly couple, when all i can see are tops of eyes and forehead over the steering wheel. ROFL! I'm not mean.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #9

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
that is bad ass. my daughter loves you car

OklaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #10

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Those are awesome; I have a set on my 05 Mag R/T and love them...

Last edited by NOTPAID4; 12-03-2010 at 01:56 PM.
NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote