Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 2ND Gen : 1994 - 2002 > Lifted
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 07-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
Default Need some advise here, please
Okay, on Ebay there are two different types of level kits for my truck...the urethane ones by Daystar, which I can get up to 2.0 inches and some billet ones, which are 3.0 inches....

Is there any added benefit to the billet ones?

Will the 3.0 ones put my ball joints and/or tie rods at dangerously funky angles?
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #2

txbass06
V8 Member

Name: Mark
Garage
Measure the difference in height from the ground and edge of your wheel well. I'm running a 2.5" level from daystar and haven't had a single problem out of mine

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

S&B Intake, Bull Bar w/ Hella 500 Black Magics, Blacked out Headlights and Grill, 6000k HID's, Leveled w/ 315-75-R16 Kumho AT's

txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
4XLGator
Viper Member

Name: Lee
Nevermind that PM, I see why you're asking.

I'm not sure, it seems billet may be stronger than urethane but I know they use urethane for lift kits a lot. Are the billet ones expensive? I have Hell Bent Steel ones, think they cost $65. But wouldn't 3" be too much for your truck? Your truck isn't that unlevel as it sits now, is it?
4XLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
Measure the difference in height from the ground and edge of your wheel well. I'm running a 2.5" level from daystar and haven't had a single problem out of mine

Yeah, I just wanna know if the billet would be better than the Daystar...I am 95% sure that the 2" will level me out...

I can get the 2" Daystar spacers with ProComp shocks for $149 from Fatbobs on ebay...the billet ones I was looking at were right around $110...but if the billet would last longer and not wear like the Daystar ones might, they might be the better choice.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Originally Posted by 4XLGATOR View Post
Nevermind that PM, I see why you're asking.

I'm not sure, it seems billet may be stronger than urethane but I know they use urethane for lift kits a lot. Are the billet ones expensive? I have Hell Bent Steel ones, think they cost $65. But wouldn't 3" be too much for your truck? Your truck isn't that unlevel as it sits now, is it?
If I got the 3" ones, I could get a 1" block for the rear and it would allow me to clear a larger tire than the 2" would.

IIRC, I was talking to someone on FB that said with his 2WD with the 2" Daystar kit, he gets a little rub with the 285 tires.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
4XLGator
Viper Member

Gotcha...didn't realize you were talking about doing 1" blocks to. My HBS are 2.5" and added 1" blocks later because my truck appeared to be sagging just a bit in the rear, which I'm not fond of.

Rubbing sucks! I had that problem too, but only because the backspacing on my wheels are not Dodge correct.

How tall is a 285 tire...33"?
Old 07-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #7

txbass06
V8 Member

Name: Mark
Garage
I'm guessing the 2wd's don't have a block in the back from the factory?

S&B Intake, Bull Bar w/ Hella 500 Black Magics, Blacked out Headlights and Grill, 6000k HID's, Leveled w/ 315-75-R16 Kumho AT's

txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
I'm guessing the 2wd's don't have a block in the back from the factory?

No sir...not mine anyways
Old 07-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #9
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Originally Posted by 4XLGATOR View Post
Gotcha...didn't realize you were talking about doing 1" blocks to. My HBS are 2.5" and added 1" blocks later because my truck appeared to be sagging just a bit in the rear, which I'm not fond of.

Rubbing sucks! I had that problem too, but only because the backspacing on my wheels are not Dodge correct.

How tall is a 285 tire...33"?
A 285 is 32.8, so yeah right at 33"...I would ONLY do the block in the rear if I were to get the 3" ones...but then again, being a daily driver, I dont wanna put my steering components at any funky angles...
Old 07-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #10
4XLGator
Viper Member

That 1" Top Gun Customz block kit I got is well made! It can spin out because of it's design...has 3" holes instead of just one like most blocks. Cost right at $100 though, but that includes u-bolts and nuts.