Thread: Hidextra sale!
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #159

DrewRam
V6 Member

Name: Drew
Originally Posted by RamStrat View Post
IMO,

Its a total waste of money to get the xenon Hi/Lo kit. If you are running 6K HIDs, there is absolutely no need for the Hi/Lo kit. In fact, the "Hi" in the Hi/Lo kit isnt any brighter then the "Lo" its just a different angle. I drive in the middle of no where on back unlit country roads sometimes, and have never needed brights for anything. Save your money and get the Xenon Lo/Halogen Hi kit. (the ONLY reason they put the Halogen "Hi" is to make them DOT approved...The kit in my truck is just a Xenon Lo/No Hi kit)

Just my .02
I didn't get the HI/LO for visibility, I like the ability to "flash" and the halogen HI is just ugly for that IMO. As far as a waste of money..it really isn't that much more. (I got the fogs and the HI/LO kit shipped for less than $90) Plus the HI/LO kit requires them to be run with a harness (Which is included in the kit)

The main reason I didn't like the LOhid/Halogen HI was that on one side of the truck the HI bulb was above the HID bulb and the other side of the truck the HI bulb was below the HID bulb. I tried to see if I could rotate the bulb but not without tearing it apart and putting it back together. It was just ugly when I turned on my HI's and one light would shoot up and the other would shoot down. Maybe I had two lefts or something LOL i just didn't like it

Last edited by DrewRam; 01-30-2012 at 02:41 PM.
DrewRam is offline   Reply With Quote