PDA

View Full Version : Off Road Lightbar DIY

car_enthusiast63
02-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Whats going on everyone? Well Ive been wanting to add a lightbar in front of my truck with possibly 2 or 4 lights but the prices for both the lights and the bars are crazy high so I started thinking maybe I could fab something simple and still as nice. I was thinking of using some materials already laying around in the garage to make it. I was thinking of using some aluminum strips we have there that are approximately a quarter inch thick and inch and a half wide. Any ideas on this? any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Onk
02-17-2011, 01:52 AM
I know Aaron (03Rammer) has a lightbar with 4 lights on the front of his ram...

As far as fab'n one, good luck bro!

car_enthusiast63
02-17-2011, 01:58 AM
Yea I saw the pictures, his bar and set up is pretty damn sweet, well I guess fabricating one is worth a shot, if it doesnt work, oo well no money spent and just save up to buy one I guess lol and Thanks btw

BAD HABIT
02-17-2011, 08:19 AM
dont ruin that front bumper...ill trade you bumpers if you want...

car_enthusiast63
02-17-2011, 10:56 AM
lol I used to have the same bumper as yours, but it got dented up and a friend of my dads had a lowered 04 with a custom front bumper and gave me this one as a gift, great friends lol, but naw I'm not thinking of even drilling or cutting or anything to the bumper but if I get the crazy idea for some reason I'll let you know lol

car_enthusiast63
02-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Well I just began working on the first part of the light bar and I am kind of between liking it and hating it, I'll post up pictures in a bit and let me know what you think and if i should do anything different, any ideas are appreciated

car_enthusiast63
02-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Heres a picture after I bent up the one side to fit, I have it painted black already, idk if I dont like it much cause its still missing the other side and the bar to conect both sides

car_enthusiast63
02-19-2011, 06:53 PM

This is what i got so far

This is how I think I'm going to make the bar that holds the lights, any ideas or advice on this?