View Full Version : My New 1st boat!

03 Rammer
02-05-2011, 10:29 PM
This week I got myself a boat. Its not actually my first boat. As a kid I have had many boats but they were my dads. This is my very first boat on my own.

Its a great starter boat. And totally custom.

Weather permiting might take it out tomorrow to test everything out and get a feel for it.

Storm Rider
02-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Good looking boat. I know you will have fun using it. Make sure you make time to do a car show once in a while. That boating and fishing is addictive.

03 Rammer
02-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Car show??? Whats that lol

AWE Daniel
02-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Damn that thing has a lotta cupholders!

03 Rammer
02-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Damn that thing has a lotta cupholders!

Lol the other 2 on the yellow cutting board is removable. lol I was shocked when I saw this boat there is soo much stuff done to it.

Not to mention the guy before did all of this, it was a normal basic green john boat.

Just to fill you in the yellow and black is all bed liner even the trailer is bedlined yellow.

Fla 66 cuda
02-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Congrats looks like the previous owner did a lot of stuff to it have fun with it, remember what they say the two best days of owning a boat is the day you buy it and the day you sell it,i had one for 5 years used it 5 times put 2 tanks of gas in it, i loved it [not as much as cars] but sold it due to lack of use will never own one again until i retire.

03 Rammer
02-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Took the boat out for the first time. Handles pretty good for a little john boat. Able to go through a foot of water with no issues. Top speed of 21mph. Enjoy the pics.

BAD HABIT
02-06-2011, 05:27 PM
pretty sweet john boat, great to fish from, someone took great care of it and did some nice custom stuff, for a good time while fishing

OklaHemi
02-06-2011, 06:30 PM
i got my first boat last summer. i got a baja blast, they are so much fun. and i already have mod fever on it. im redoing the whole stereo system to... you guessed it alpine. and have been talking to a mechanic about more ponies.

Fla 66 cuda
02-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Nice boat what size is it and motor size.

OklaHemi
02-06-2011, 09:04 PM
mine? mine is a 14' 94 baja blast with a 90hp merc sport jet. its fun but you cant have a lot of weight on the boat. i can take my wife and 3 kids and have it full throttle but when i get more adults on the it bogs down. there is a 120hp motor that i looked into but couldnt find one close at the time. i paid 3000 for it and the trailer which isnt bad since the boat runs great.

we were looking for a seadoo when we came across this and figured we could put the whole family on. when i take it out by myself its rediculously fun. i have thrown myself acrossed it a few times, thank god for the safety key. it pulls a tube just fine but the weight and drag come into play. the biggest drawback is there is no trim adjustment so the nose will be in the air for a few when you apply full throttle, but it evens out and literally skips across the water

oh and the best part... it fits into my garage.

Fla 66 cuda
02-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Sounds fun i have done many trailer set ups on those jet boats i work for magic tilt trailers in the parts dept. i was in the service dept. iv'e been there for 15 years this sept. I had a Key Largo 156 center console open fisherman with a 30 hp johnson outboard it was under powered did a whopping 21 mph on a smooth lake with the wind blowing at our backs with 2 adults 2 kids but it was great for fishing the flats a 18 inches of water was my minumum depth,had a trolling motor,poling platform,live well,depth/fish finder i loved that boat but never used it always working when i could go nobody wanted to go with me don't like to fish alone,so i sold it and built another hot rod which i used the crap out of so no more boats for me until i retire.Actually i was asking about our new boats owner that question because of mine being under powered. I had my marine mechanic friend try to tweek the motor and reprop it to no avail.

OklaHemi
02-06-2011, 09:34 PM
that suck abot the tweeking. i guess a full blown upgrade is in order. 30hp should suffice on this little thing.

SmokedRam
02-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't have a boat, but my uncle has two, so I just go out with him on his....LOL Here are some pics of his:

This is his 21 foot Carolina Skiff
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q100/tstewartdepotphotos/16373.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q100/tstewartdepotphotos/15375.jpg

And this is his brand new one, he had a boat lift installed for it, so it doesnt sit in the water all the time:
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q100/tstewartdepotphotos/16370.jpg

03 Rammer
02-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Nice boat what size is it and motor size.

mine is 15ft plus the motor. Its a 25hp mercury 2 stroke

Fla 66 cuda
02-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Ok that explains the sloness nothin wrong with that mine was under powered also, look around the transom or console for a yellow tag it will tell max weight of persons and max hp of engine i'm guessing that it can hold up to a 50+ hp engine.being underpowered weher i fished was just a tad dangerous because i had to get into the channel to get to the ramp and was too slow to out run any thing [crabs swam faster against the current than i could go with it] that was my only hate with my boat,if your doing fresh water fishing then thats not a problem you may be able to get a different prop with a different pitch that might help increase your speed. Have fun catchin fish out of a boat is great unlimited places to go versis shore fishing you'll wonder why you didnot get one sooner.

03 Rammer
02-06-2011, 10:31 PM
mmm you think it could run a bigger engine. I actually thought that was fast for a john boat. Not the fastest boat I've handled compared to our 75mph Key West flats/bay boat.

Fla 66 cuda
02-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Yep look for that sticker it'll tell ya max engine size my 156 could hold up to a 60hp.