View Full Version : I Did A Good Deed Today

Fulltimer
02-03-2011, 06:25 PM
I was driving home today when I saw a large dead tree fall all the way over the highway. Nobody got hit because a train had stopped the traffic from the other direction. Three men hopped out to try to pull the tree off the road. They couldn't even budge it. So I pulled over into the ditch and yelled at them to grab my winch line. I got it all the way off the road with the winch without much of a traffic hold up. I finished the last couple of feet by pulling it in 4Lo reverse.

Terry

BAD HABIT
02-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Nice job, I gotta lot a respect for that jeep of yours...

Fla 66 cuda
02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Great job it's a jeep thing.

Storm Rider
02-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Jeeps have been gettin' it done for years. Just another story of a Jeep doing a great job to help people.

Onk
02-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Very nice!!!

Kudos!!

If only the world had more people like you!

Fulltimer
02-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks! I only wish I could have gotten a picture.

Terry

NOTPAID4
02-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Way to go Terry! YOU da MAN!!!!!

Copperhead
02-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Awesome!

I have been looking into getting one for my 16 year old daughter. Any recommendations for ease of maintenance/light modification/reliability/best bang for the buck? I had been looking at older Cherokees for her.

redneckrocket38
02-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Them old cherokees are hard to beat. My buddy bought one with 225,000 miles on it and it sounded like the valve train was gonna come apart. He just sold it at 350,000 miles and got what he paid for it back out. It sounds like hell but still runs today.

Fulltimer
02-04-2011, 11:53 AM
I love the design of the older Cherokees but they do have a weak unibody. There are companies that make "stiffeners" for them though. They also have a very large after market support unlike the Liberty.

Here is a heavily modified one that belongs to my locale Jeep club. Cut down to resemble a pickup.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg51/Fulltimer_KJ/IMG_2423.jpg

The only real problems he has is lack of weight in the rear end and sometimes he doesn't fit the trails very well. But that thing is something to watch. When we run into very deep water we send him in first!

Terry

Fulltimer
02-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Awesome!

I have been looking into getting one for my 16 year old daughter. Any recommendations for ease of maintenance/light modification/reliability/best bang for the buck? I had been looking at older Cherokees for her.

I think a Cherokee would be good. There are a ton of them around so you should be able to find one in good shape. Then she needs to hook up with a good Jeep club. They will help her a lot with learning how to use it.

Some Jeep clubs are trouble on wheels. By that I mean they do things that your not supposed to do like going off trails, tearing up the ground on purpose, throwing beer cans out along the trails etc. Drinking on the trail is uncalled for and illegal.

Terry

OklaHemi
02-06-2011, 06:57 PM
i want a comanche for my work rig. i love those things