PDA

View Full Version : Lamp Out

Ms.MagnumSLT
01-31-2011, 10:11 AM
I got into my truck to go to work this morning and noticed the "lamp out'" light was on. I checked all the lights and cant find anything wrong. I thought maybe I got something wet yesterday when I washed it and maybe it will dry out. who knows.GRRRR ,Any suggestions?

BAD HABIT
01-31-2011, 11:43 AM
check your circuit boards on your taillights, mine had one go bad, and i would get that light on and off for weeks, got 2 new ones at rockauto.com for 18 shipped...

Storm Rider
01-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Some times when you wash your vehicle, the lens will hold moisture. I would try letting it dry out naturally and the restart your truck. I just may need to reset itself. If not take it to your local garage and have them pull a code for you and they may be able to reset it also.

Ms.MagnumSLT
01-31-2011, 08:55 PM
o.k so I got to work this morning asked my son to check my Brake lights and he said they all worked. Like a moron I Believed him. guess what.... I have a Brake light out!:Wedgie:

03 Rammer
02-04-2011, 06:14 PM
take the circuit board out make sure its dry and use some dieletric greese on the bulbs.

Ms.MagnumSLT
02-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I fixed it.:naughty:

Redtruck-VA
02-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Mine was driving me nuts, I would check it and all were working. Then I watched as the wife drove down the driveway and the left rear would blink. So your son might not have seen anything wrong. It ain't always easy....