View Full Version : starte year of bad now thinking about a Body kit.....

TopB2972
01-23-2011, 07:43 PM
started this year off Taking the Charger in to get front end fixed. A Deer decided to run out in front of me one morning going to work. they fixed it but the Yellow was a different shade and body wasn't lined up. so I take it back They re paint it again. and re-install it. still paint is alittle off and the body stll isn't lined up. now we had temps in the teens after snow and ice. 12 degrees at 4:30 in morning going to work. I straddle a small pile of snow in middle of an intersection. hit it. when i got to work I noticed the new Chin spoiler is bust in the middle of the front. big chunk about a foot long.

I have been thinking about a body Kit from 3DCarbon..
heres a link.
http://www.3dcarbon.com/style_kits.asp?ID=48&l1=0&l2=0&l3=0&l4=0

I have found the same kit at another site for around $500. Has any of you dealt with that manufacturer? Or heard anything about them?

This sorta a vent and question post.

Fla 66 cuda
01-23-2011, 08:00 PM
My opinion is as follows first if you like the body kit then buy it, i personally don't like body kits but i looked at your link and it will look nice on your car,second question is why not drive your truck during winter to save the charger and your wallet all the war wounds just sayin.

BAD HABIT
01-23-2011, 08:09 PM
kit looks slick, not sure bout the quality but you might wanna ask over at lxowners.com, they are a sister site to us and a few have body kits i believe....

NOTPAID4
01-23-2011, 08:13 PM
IMO, that looks pretty darn good. Wonder how much modding, cutting or fabbing to install that!

TopB2972
01-23-2011, 08:22 PM
My opinion is as follows first if you like the body kit then buy it, i personally don't like body kits but i looked at your link and it will look nice on your car,second question is why not drive your truck during winter to save the charger and your wallet all the war wounds just sayin.

Right now the steering is bad on the truck. Plus when gas shot up o $4 a gallon i quit driving it ( it averaged in 2wd without opening the 4bbl, 9mpg) and I let the tag run out so have to put a new tag onit. BUT that is in my plans to put it back on that road. but the Ins deductible I paid for the deer tok the $$ to fix the steering away :-( I hate budgets

TopB2972
01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
IMO, that looks pretty darn good. Wonder how much modding, cutting or fabbing to install that!

I have been reading about it awhle and everyone said the fit is near perfect only very few had alittle trouble but they did get it to fit. I did find out that Chip Foose worked with them in designing that body kit for a Car show a few years ago. The kit is made of urethane like the bumper cover.

Onk
01-23-2011, 08:30 PM
I like it...looks damn sexy!

Its enough to say hey, theres a body kit on here, but not so much it puts it in that overboard rice category!

Ms.MagnumSLT
01-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Nice! I say go for it.

Storm Rider
01-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Nice body kit. I think it will look good. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your Charger. She is a beautiful ride.