View Full Version : The Endless Superchips Thread

BAD HABIT
01-22-2011, 01:35 PM
In here we will discuss tuning, which ones are the best or which ones work for you. We can talk and ask questions to superchips reps, like scott@superchips and silshemi. These guys are ever so helpful and full of knowledge.

I'll start by saying that i have found the best tune for my truck is the 91 performance tune, with advanced trans tuning, i run 93 octane with this tune, i have my rev limiter set at 6100 my max speed at 140mph, and my wot shifts at 1-2 5550 rpms, and my 2-3 at 5500. im pretty sure these are exact i could be a few rpms off....lol....i also have my speedo corrected for tire size....i run a 3865 flashpaq....
IMHO best programmer on the market, until you need custom tuning...(no i was not paid to say that)....

03 Rammer
01-22-2011, 05:10 PM
I love SC, GREAT programmer. Im Getting an awesome 21mpgs on my truck and Mad horse power. Scott from SC is great too, hes helping me out with a problem and at the same time hooking me up. Not to mention they are like 5 minutes away from me. :)

BAD HABIT
01-22-2011, 05:24 PM
thats what im talking about, the superb customer service...

SilsHemi
01-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi folks and thank you for starting this thread Jay! :)

I'm *crossing my fingers* we'll see some real nice things from Superchips this year for the Dodge Ram community. Some stuff I can't discuss at the moment, but if things work out we should be even more excited about Superchips and it's ever increasing interest in the Dodge Ram performance community. I'll keep you all posted as we move along.

Sil

03 Rammer
01-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Not to mention the SC VIVD. Sweet idea.

BAD HABIT
01-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Hey Sil, thanks for droppin by, it's my pleasure to start this as I know everyones got questions and I know you guys have the answers. Now we got all mopars here are there products for most of the late models now? I know us ram owners are set but what's the word for the chally and charger guys? Do they use the same tuner as us?

03 Rammer
01-23-2011, 12:24 AM
So we have a Sil and a Scott from superchips on this site? :)

SilsHemi
01-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Jeremy found this last night. Check it out. :)

http://www.vehicleprogrammers.com/538650.html

SilsHemi
01-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Jeremy found this last night. Check it out folks! :)

http://www.vehicleprogrammers.com/538650.html

BAD HABIT
01-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Hey Sil is there gonna be an app or anything for ppl who already have a droid phone, anyway to use it instead of purchasing a vivid. Alot of us have already bought droid phones or plan to get one soon.

03 Rammer
01-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Jay, Ron at SC told me it will be the obd connector and download key. Basically you install the program to your phone and plug in the obd connector and your done. You wont be able to switch tunes on the fly you will still have to do the normal flashing.

03 Rammer
01-23-2011, 03:00 PM
"Vivid is not a shift on the fly, you will still need to turn the truck off while programming.

The Avid is a downloadable program to a (Android) phones, with a purchase of a dongle blue tooth adapter.

Ron"

"The APP package will license one per adapter. "

BAD HABIT
01-23-2011, 07:54 PM
i was just curious cause i should be buying a droid phone real soon the evo, and im really interested in the vivid but would hate to dump money on both i think ill just hang out with my 3865 for a while...but if i could still get all the feature from the vivid in a download that would be sweet....

SilsHemi
01-23-2011, 08:18 PM
The VIVID and AVID platform are really awesome products. Some more information in regards to VIVID and AVID.

If you have an Archos Droid and in the future Apple products will be covered as well, you can purchase the AVID (package) from Superchips when available.

AVID is the dongle and either a disk or code to download. Then you can install the SC app to your existing product. :)

This platform is going to be very powerful. From what Scott has said, it also has the capability of integrating custom tuning if they ever decide to go that route and much, much, more!!

Sil

SilsHemi
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Check it out:

Superchips Vivid... It's in a Class of it's Own (http://www.vehicleprogrammers.com/538650.html)

TUNING

* Industry leading tuning for cars, trucks, & Suv's, delivering maximum horepower, torque and world class drivability for your vehicle.
* Allows you to tune for high performance, heavy load towing, fuel economy or off-road uses.
* Syncs wirelessly using included Bluetooth dongle
* The Superchips Vivid uses the Android operating systems to provide a simple yet effective user interface to make tuning your cars, trucks, or Suv a snap
* The Superchips Vivid is 50-state emissions legal.

INCLINOMETER/G-FORCE METER

* Uses on-board 3-axis accelerometer and graphics accelerator to measure pitch and roll
* Establish entrance and departure points for turns
* Make last minute car setup adjustments at the track
* Monitor off-road driving performance

BACKUP CAMERA CAPABLE1

* Works as a backup camera monitor
* Just purchase the USB cable and camera of your choice
* Start backing up better and safer in no time
* No wasted money purchasing another new electronic device

GPS CAPABLE1

* No need to buy another expensive in-cabin device. Just buy a GPS antenna easily found online and GPS app for Android OS
* Depending on the app, topographical maps are available for off-road uses

AUDIO/VIDEO EQUIPPED

* Preloaded with music, video and photo applications
* Take video or pictures in HD quality
* Share photos or video by syncing with Facebook, YouTube, Picasa or Flickr
* Stream video to home TV in HD with built-in HDMI output connector (mini-HDMI cable sold separately)

GAUGES

* Intercept PIDs on the bus and display them in real-time
* Gauges provide vital information when towing, off-road or at the track
* Includes several gauge sets
* Monitor EGTs while towing to avoid diesel engine troubles1
* Maximize track performance with real-time feedback

MAINTENANCE MINDER

* No more missing important maintenance intervals
* Easy to setup and use
* Uses include reminders for oil changes, rotate tires and more
* App automatically recognizes when a check engine light is on and provides a summary
* No more unnecessary time consuming trips to the dealer

GAMING EQUIPPED

* On-board graphics accelerator exploits Android OS 3D capabilities for games, animated interface and transition effects
* Let kids and friends entertain themselves on long road trips
* Many games utilize the 3-axis accelerometer for a more realistic game playing experience
* Use the HDMI output to play the game on your TV and use the device as the steering wheel or controller

BAD HABIT
01-23-2011, 08:30 PM
whoa, that just made me happy...might need to change my droors....:drool:

03 Rammer
01-23-2011, 10:18 PM
lol, Jay you will love the EVO its what I have. If you want I will recommend rooting it. It gives you ENDLESS possiblities of what a phone can and will do.

SilsHemi
01-24-2011, 10:46 AM
A little more information. :)

Superchips Vivid

What happens when you combine the tuning expertise of Superchips with the power of the Android TM operating system? You get the all new state-of-the-art Superchips Vivid. The new Superchips Vivid is the first of its type to successfully integrate today's most popular consumer electronics with a full blown performance tuning device. The key to this new cutting edge "in cabin" tuner is the combination of Superchips vehicle tuning combined with an internet tablet that is powered by the Android operating system. The Superchips Vivid is opening up a whole new world of performance and features. As you can see... the new Superchips Vivid is in a class of it's own.

What makes the Superchips Vivid different? Just about everything. First of all, every other tuner on the market has a cord. This cord is plugged into the OBD2 port in order to download your tuning preferences. Once the tuning is complete, most tuners are unplugged and put in the box. More advanced tuners will remain plugged into the OBD2 port and displayed on the dash to display vital vehicle information.

The Superchips Vivid is like no other tuner. Instead of a cord, the Superchips Vivid has a Dongle (think of it like an antenna) that plugs into your OBD2 port. The Dongle simply hides under your dash and uses Bluetooth technology to communicate with the tuner. And that's just the beginning. At the other end of this wireless technology is were the real magic begins. Instead of simply using a tuner, the Superchips Vivid uses a internet tablet that is powered by the Android operating system. This allows your tuner to do much more than just install Superchips' award winning tuning. Take a look at all the things that the Superchips Vivid can do.

TUNING

Industry leading tuning for cars, trucks, & Suv's, delivering maximum horepower, torque and world class drivability for your vehicle.

Allows you to tune for high performance, heavy load towing, fuel economy or off-road uses.
Syncs wirelessly using included Bluetooth dongle
The Superchips Vivid uses the Android operating systems to provide a simple yet effective user interface to make tuning your cars, trucks, or Suv a snap
The Superchips Vivid is 50-state emissions legal.

INCLINOMETER/G-FORCE METER

Uses on-board 3-axis accelerometer and graphics accelerator to measure pitch and roll
Establish entrance and departure points for turns
Make last minute car setup adjustments at the track
Monitor off-road driving performance

BACKUP CAMERA CAPABLE1

Works as a backup camera monitor
Just purchase the USB cable and camera of your choice
Start backing up better and safer in no time
No wasted money purchasing another new electronic device

GPS CAPABLE1

No need to buy another expensive in-cabin device. Just buy a GPS antenna easily found online and GPS app for Android OS
Depending on the app, topographical maps are available for off-road uses

AUDIO/VIDEO EQUIPPED

Preloaded with music, video and photo applications
Take video or pictures in HD quality
Share photos or video by syncing with Facebook, YouTube, Picasa or Flickr
Stream video to home TV in HD with built-in HDMI output connector (mini-HDMI cable sold separately)

GAUGES

Intercept PIDs on the bus and display them in real-time
Gauges provide vital information when towing, off-road or at the track
Includes several gauge sets
Monitor EGTs while towing to avoid diesel engine troubles1
Maximize track performance with real-time feedback

MAINTENANCE MINDER

No more missing important maintenance intervals
Easy to setup and use
Uses include reminders for oil changes, rotate tires and more
App automatically recognizes when a check engine light is on and provides a summary
No more unnecessary time consuming trips to the dealer

GAMING EQUIPPED

On-board graphics accelerator exploits Android OS 3D capabilities for games, animated interface and transition effects
Let kids and friends entertain themselves on long road trips
Many games utilize the 3-axis accelerometer for a more realistic game playing experience
Use the HDMI output to play the game on your TV and use the device as the steering wheel or controller

Scott@Superchips
01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
I got to look at some of the screen icons Friday. Things are coming together nicely!

I can't wait to get this app into everyones hands for their feedback.

Scott

BAD HABIT
01-24-2011, 12:48 PM
thats great to hear scott, i really cant wait, this will be similar to the ever so anxious wait we had with adv trans tuning...

OklaHemi
01-24-2011, 10:47 PM
AVID is going to look so good on my dell streak. i know superchips supports chevy so the tahoe is covered but im planning on adding a 3rd vehicle to my stable in the summer, a nissan 350 or 370z depends on what is available at the time, does superchips cover imports?

im so glad you guys decided to listen to me after 2.5 years of begging for this. i cant wait to have it

03 Rammer
01-25-2011, 11:05 AM
So looks Like I will be going to SC tomorrow. Hopefully they can pin point the cause of the surging that I get only with the SC on performance tune. Fingers Crossed!

BAD HABIT
01-25-2011, 12:15 PM
they will take care of you aaron, they have always been there for me...

SilsHemi
01-25-2011, 01:20 PM
So looks Like I will be going to SC tomorrow. Hopefully they can pin point the cause of the surging that I get only with the SC on performance tune. Fingers Crossed!
They'll take good care of you Aaron. :)

Tell Rob, Chris, Derek, Scott and Ron I say hello.

Sil

BAD HABIT
01-25-2011, 06:42 PM
tell brian i said hello too...

03 Rammer
01-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Just want to give a BIG THANK YOU TO SUPERCHIPS!

Especially Scott, Ken, Rob and Sil. You guys were super nice and made the experiance great. :)

Thanks Scott for the cool care package, Ken for the tour of SC, Rob for spending hours with the truck and programmer and Sil for his help and kind words also.

Looking forward to doing more things with you guys down the road ;)

superbad R/T
01-26-2011, 09:58 PM
That's superb customer service.

dodgefan67
01-26-2011, 10:43 PM
im hoping to get some of that superb customer service as well, just got a used 3175 that needs reprogrammed for my dakota!! need to get it sent in soon!!

03 Rammer
01-26-2011, 11:23 PM
im hoping to get some of that superb customer service as well, just got a used 3175 that needs reprogrammed for my dakota!! need to get it sent in soon!!

They might just be able to do it over the internet. I bought mine used and it was for a 06 truck I believe. Ron was able to send me the flash for the older 3rd gens over the internet. Check out the superchips forum and look around then maybe send Ron a message and see what he says or call them up.

BAD HABIT
01-27-2011, 07:15 AM
the service is by far the best youll get from any tuner, ill put money on it...thats great to hear aaron i been meaning to get over there for a tour and to meet the guys but its hard with school so i been waiting for the right day....i was at the PRI show and they were all going to it on saturday i went friday for the opening events...

Scott@Superchips
01-28-2011, 11:29 AM
It was great meeting you as well Aaron!

Scott@Superchips
01-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Keep me in the loop on your update. I will help in any way I can to get this done promptly for you.

Scott

dodgefan67
01-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Keep me in the loop on your update. I will help in any way I can to get this done promptly for you.

Scott

thanks scott! i need to find out if i have to send this in or if i can flash it at home. its a 3715. doesnt have a usb port. do i just call tech supprt and get a return code or something?

Scott@Superchips
01-28-2011, 02:53 PM
The 3715's are not internet updateable. That model would have to be returned to us under an RA that a customer service rep will provide you if you call 888-227-2447.

Scott

thanks scott! i need to find out if i have to send this in or if i can flash it at home. its a 3715. doesnt have a usb port. do i just call tech supprt and get a return code or something?

unionmanofsteel
02-02-2011, 12:37 AM
I was wanting to know does Super Chips make a chip for a 05 QC SRT10 Ram

Scott@Superchips
02-02-2011, 05:11 PM
I am afraid not. There wasn't enough interest in the option when we originally looked into that app. Same goes for the Viper. Limited market kept it from happening.

Scott

I was wanting to know does Super Chips make a chip for a 05 QC SRT10 Ram

BAD HABIT
02-15-2011, 11:42 AM
anything new up to date scott or sil?

Scott@Superchips
02-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Not at this point. I pester Marketing and Sales daily for more info on the VIVID.

I would assume that once that product has been released additional options, etc. can resume.

Scott

NfamousCJ
03-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Sooooo what are the odds of their being some Sebring/Stratus love? Was over at the site poking around and couldn't find anything. I know there is a large percentage of Sebring/Strat owners trying to squeeze out a few extra HP from their rides. Especially like someone as myself trying to fully utilize the intake/exhaust combo I have installed.

txbass06
03-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Been looking into a tuner for my 97 with the 5.9L gasser. I'm on my phone and stuck at work or I'd check out the site for more info. Do you guys have anything available for me?

OklaHemi
03-03-2011, 01:28 AM
duh duh duh..... duh duh duh duhhhhhhh. avid avid avid. duh duh. i have such wonderful plans for you. dont resist just go with it. shu shush its ok baby i wont hurt you. come to me. avid come out and play-yaaa. AVID come out and play-yaaa

Scott@Superchips
03-03-2011, 10:57 AM
The main reason why we don't offer tuning options for the Sebring/Stratus is due to the low interest when we did our market research.

I don't see a product available unless demand improves greatly. The honest truth is that it would not be cost effective for us as a business to spend months of engineering man hours on a project that only sell 100 units.

Scott

Sooooo what are the odds of their being some Sebring/Stratus love? Was over at the site poking around and couldn't find anything. I know there is a large percentage of Sebring/Strat owners trying to squeeze out a few extra HP from their rides. Especially like someone as myself trying to fully utilize the intake/exhaust combo I have installed.

Scott@Superchips
03-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Unfortunately we started 5.9L gas tuning in 1998. I am sorry to say that we do not offer any tuning solutions for your 97.

Scott

Been looking into a tuner for my 97 with the 5.9L gasser. I'm on my phone and stuck at work or I'd check out the site for more info. Do you guys have anything available for me?

QuickVic03
04-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Hey, i just picked up a used SC 1725 Max MicroTuner for my crown vic. The guy i got it from ran it on his for a few years. But i got it all plugged into my car and it said it needs to be updated. How do i go about doing that?

Thanks

Alex

BAD HABIT
04-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Down load superchips updater make a account, plug it in to USB and download new updates

QuickVic03
04-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Theres no usb port on this tuner.

AWE Daniel
04-09-2011, 08:06 PM
youll probably need a serial to usb rollover cable

QuickVic03
04-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Went to register with superchips and this tuner is not listed..

Onk
04-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Hey Scott,

Can you help my little brother out?? Alex (QuickVic03) just bought a SC1725 Max Micro and has a few questions....

Thanks man!!

SmokedRam
04-10-2011, 12:59 AM
looks like they have to be shipped to SC to be updated...read the posts by Ron at SC..

https://www.superchips.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6733&p=32938

Scott@Superchips
04-11-2011, 10:24 AM
The Max Micro tuners were created before the internet updateable tech was invented so they must be returned to us for updates.

Give customer service a call at 888-227-2447 so you can get the details on how to send it in for service.

Scott

Scott

QuickVic03
04-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks Scott

OklaHemi
06-18-2011, 12:04 PM
any update on avid/vivid?

004x41500
06-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Hey scott, I got a 3815, and put it on the mileage xs tune, and it actually got me worse mileage than the tie tune, in my trip to work I burn about 2 gallons (26 mile round trip, 13.2 mpg average) and today I burned almost a 1/4 tank on the same trip. Double what I usually burn, (~4 gallons on a 20 mile trip, ~5mpg.) any ideas why my milage dropped so much?

Sent from Corys iPhone using Tapatalk

BAD HABIT
06-18-2011, 06:11 PM
how long has it been since its been updated?

004x41500
06-18-2011, 06:17 PM
hmm, idk. a few months. why?

BAD HABIT
06-18-2011, 06:21 PM
might wanna try to update it then i do mine every other month, as they are releasing new updates all the time...

004x41500
06-18-2011, 06:28 PM
i can update it without returning my truck to stock right?

BAD HABIT
06-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Yes you can

004x41500
06-18-2011, 11:29 PM
imight try to update it tomorrow then. or i might just put in back on the tow tune, and let it be for now.

OklaHemi
06-18-2011, 11:36 PM
im growing impatient. i have a few hundo set aside for the avid but it is burning a hole in my pocket. i have missed out on a dd hu, i need a new bumper, i want a train horn, rear sway bar. fathers day presents undecided yet, birthdays coming up.. i need the avid, i need to mount the srt pillar i got from jim to hold my phone. bad news though my current HU will not read my music from my phone through the usb but the usb will charge it. i will find out soon if i can stream music via blue tooth but the avid will use blue tooth as well plus the phone calls, i may be asking too much of my phone and HU... Nah its 2011 im supposed to have a flying car already

004x41500
06-19-2011, 12:17 AM
im thinking about buying the avid myself once i get the new truck, but i dont wanna buy it, and find out that i have no benefits over the 3815, as i found out on my 00 when i realized that i couldnt use the dataloggin feauture, or anything like that, just adjust tire size, and change the tunes pretty much. very minimal. and ive yet to find a feauture list that shows what the avid offers for each specific model year.

Scott@Superchips
06-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Alpha testing is almost done. Beta testing will follow and then release. Not exact dates have been provided to me but I am thinking within the next two months unless we find a bug from here to then.

Thanks for your patience!

Scott

any update on avid/vivid?

BAD HABIT
06-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks scott

Scott@Superchips
06-21-2011, 09:26 AM
No problem! I will keep plugging away at dates and will update everyone when I get better news.

Scott

004x41500
06-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey scott, if i upgrade to the avid/vivid what features will i have for my truck?
(2000 Ram 1500 5.2 4x4 Auto) I''m curious because I wanna get one, but if its not going to give me any extra features over my 3815, I'm gonna pass on the upgrade, I was let down by not being able to have the trans adjustability, and the data logging on the 3815. :(

Honestly, I really dont feel much of a difference with or without the 3815. I dont know if its the programing on it or what. certainly doesnt feel like a whole bunch though.

Scott@Superchips
06-24-2011, 11:38 AM
The VIVID software will offer the same best in class tuning levels and features as offered in the Flashpaq and Cortex programmers.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241884.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241930.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241931.jpg

There is a separate one button return to stock feature so you can quickly get back to stock for service visits or any other reason you desire to be in stock trim.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241886.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241919.jpg

You will get 2 DAQ features. The first one offers real time sensor data in a bar graph form. The bar graph data offers up to 4 icons on the left of the screen. The first icon offers 0-30 mph, 0-60 mph, 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile and 1 mile data with storage to save the runs.
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241914.jpg

The next two icons cover groupings of the most popular engine sensors.
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241916.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241915.jpg

The fourth icon offers data on vehicle speed, mph, etc....
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241913.jpg

Each of these icons can be selected at random as often as the user wants.

The second DAQ option is an application that offers real time sensor data in an analog gauge format providing a total of 5 gauges on the screen.
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241899.jpg

Touching an individual gauge pulls up a list of features that allow you to customize a number of options including how the face looks and what specific sensor you would like to view and record.
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241900.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241901.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241907.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241911.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241902.jpg

There is a mileage monitor called the Driving Coach that details your particular mileage gains or losses in real time helping those interested in improving their mileage actually see the results as they change their driving habits.
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241920.jpg

A Maintenance Manager allows you the ability to program reminders in the application such as an oil change so you don’t forget.
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241922.jpg
Additional to the vehicle specific features a few Droid options are conveniently linked into the VIVID software for easy access. Some of those features are a Still/Video camera
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241923.jpg

Movie player
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241926.jpg

And music player that can play music in the background while you tune.
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/Flashpaq/VIVID/P6241924.jpg

Any questions feel free to let me know.

Scott

004x41500
06-24-2011, 07:44 PM
sounds great, but with the DAQ work on my particular truck?

will the live PID values work?

id hate to buy it just to find out that none of those features work, which will render my purchase worthless.

the 3815 DAQ doesnt work for mine. which is a real let down, as thats one of the reasons i purchased it.

also does it have the ability to read trans temp?

Redtruck-VA
06-24-2011, 08:47 PM
im growing impatient. i have a few hundo set aside for the avid but it is burning a hole in my pocket. i have missed out on a dd hu, i need a new bumper, i want a train horn, rear sway bar. fathers day presents undecided yet, birthdays coming up.. i need the avid, i need to mount the srt pillar i got from jim to hold my phone. bad news though my current HU will not read my music from my phone through the usb but the usb will charge it. i will find out soon if i can stream music via blue tooth but the avid will use blue tooth as well plus the phone calls, i may be asking too much of my phone and HU... Nah its 2011 im supposed to have a flying car already

Mike, you can save the cost of the sway bar by using the Timbren Aeon Springs as bump stops and improve your ride quality at the same time.

Scott@Superchips
06-27-2011, 01:08 PM
DAQ covers 2004 and up.

Scott

sounds great, but with the DAQ work on my particular truck?

will the live PID values work?

id hate to buy it just to find out that none of those features work, which will render my purchase worthless.

the 3815 DAQ doesnt work for mine. which is a real let down, as thats one of the reasons i purchased it.

also does it have the ability to read trans temp?

004x41500
06-27-2011, 05:34 PM
thanks scott, looks like ill be going to custom tuning with sct then. :/

Redtruck-VA
06-27-2011, 06:09 PM
thanks scott, looks like ill be going to custom tuning with sct then. :/

Cory, before you get too excited about the SCT tune you might talk with them to make sure your truck is supported. My 03 hemi is not supported. Good luck..

ramthis9501
06-27-2011, 06:12 PM
How much would the program run for my truck?

004x41500
06-27-2011, 06:48 PM
youre better off looking for a 3815 or 3865 on ebay

i picked up mine brand new about 2 years ago for 225 shipped.

to change the tunes you still have to do the key cycle thing. and theres no added benefits for us 2nd gen guys with the vivid/avid.

better off with the 3815/65 and a scan gauge 2, alot cheaper

004x41500
06-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Cory, before you get too excited about the SCT tune you might talk with them to make sure your truck is supported. My 03 hemi is not supported. Good luck..

I'm pretty sure it is, quite a few of the 2nd gen guys have them.

From what I understand the 03 was kinda a wash year for dodge/Chrysler since they were changing over their 2500/3500, as well as dumping the magnum for the hemi. Though the magnum can be found in the 03s it is rare.

Redtruck-VA
06-28-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm pretty sure it is, quite a few of the 2nd gen guys have them.

From what I understand the 03 was kinda a wash year for dodge/Chrysler since they were changing over their 2500/3500, as well as dumping the magnum for the hemi. Though the magnum can be found in the 03s it is rare.

Cory,
I just looked at their site and it appears they do support the earlier models. Hell they even show the 4.7 being supported in 03. Good luck..

OklaHemi
06-28-2011, 11:39 AM
thats some shit greg, poor 03 hemi bastard children.

scott those pics are amazing, that will look really good in my truck. i have one question and it is a silly one, i see a lot of red for the backgrounds is there going to be an option to change that color?

Scott@Superchips
06-28-2011, 11:42 AM
The backgrounds follow the Superchips company colors. I don't see an option to change them at the momet but will forward your request to management in my next report for consideration.

Scott

OklaHemi
06-28-2011, 11:44 AM
dont do it if it will delay release, lol

Scott@Superchips
06-28-2011, 11:47 AM
It would be an after release project if approved so no worries!