PDA

View Full Version : Damn...

txbass06
01-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Here goes...
Changed the fluid in my front diff earlier this week. Everything looked fine. Wasn't an ounce of shavings on the magnet. It was one of the cleanest diffs I've ever seen. Get everything filled back up and drive it aroud in 4wd to get the fluid back on everything.
Next day I hop in it to take my son to visit with my grandmother and I get about a half a mile away from home and I hear a loud pop, then a sound like a bad c.v. axle. I pull over and do a quick check and can't see anything wrong. Took it back to the house and tore into it. Front diff is fine, both hubs are fine, no axle wear at all. Called a buddy that works at a local 4wd shop and after driving aroud listening to it, we figure out its coming from the transfer case. Sounds like a chain tensioner has broken and the chain is slapping against the case.

So long story short, I'm without my truck until around the 2nd week of February...

Onk
01-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Damn....I hated being without my truck...

I just got it back today after it being down for 2 weeks

Fla 66 cuda
01-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Had an old chevy did the same thing hubs were makin noise rebuilt them and front driveshaft went muddin front axle started to pop and skip wasen't the axle the chain streched in the case was skipping very costly.

SmokedRam
01-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Suck to hear man...hope you get her fixed up and running right again

NOTPAID4
01-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Ouch, I hate that for you and you getter' fixed back up SOON!

BAD HABIT
01-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Good luck bud, hope all goes well

txbass06
01-21-2011, 03:13 PM
If we had another shop within driving distance, I'd probably be back on the road next week. But the only shop I'd trust with this is gonna be closed the 31st. Just my luck...

BAD HABIT
01-21-2011, 03:18 PM
blah, thats not good....

Storm Rider
01-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Hang in there. It is better to take your truck to someone you trust than to take it someplace just to get it back quickly. Hope things go your way. I know how hard it is to be without your truck.GOOD LUCK!!!!!