View Full Version : PCM "NobuS" problem

redneckrocket38
01-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Well I had some weird problems happen to the old sheep about 3 months ago. I went and met my girlfriend at taco hell and when I left I noticed I had no speedo, fuel, oil pressure or any other guages for that matter. My odometer would flash and say NobuS. Well then I did some snooping and found out some people with this problem would mess with the pcm to reset it. So I pulled the battery loose, pulled the ASD relay, and unplugged the PCM. I also tightend all the grounds. I let it sit for like 15 minutes and put all back together and voila, she was normal again.....For about 2-1/2 months. New years day I jump in it to go somewhere and it's doing it again. So I try my reset trick again and no luck:hmm:. So I send hemifever from SCT an email and like 15 minutes later I get one back. He says it sounds like the PCM, it happens all the time, order a new one and your tuner will work fine. So I order one off ebay for $199.99. Get it here, hook it up, go to crank the truck and it's still acting up :think:. So I walk away and my dad is just standing there staring at it for 10 minutes. I walk back out and he tells me to start the truck up real quick. I start it and it's acting up, then he pushes on the big wad of wires that comes from fuse block under the hood and everything returns to normal. Then I shut the hood and it does it again, I then pop the hood and get it normal again, shut the hood real gently and it's been fine since. So if anyone ever comes across this problem, chech the big square plug on the PDC under the hood. I'll try and get pics when I take it apart to fix it for good. Also, I would like to thank hemifever for helping answer my questions, expecially because it was on new years day. You dont find that kind of customer service these days.