View Full Version : revamping my hid reverse

AParrette
01-06-2011, 01:00 AM
some of you know thta i do have hid reverse in for the longest time now. for a while only the drivers side has been working. i sent my tails out to be tinted so now is the perfect time to update the wiring and get everything hunkydory, right now the main power and ground is speaker wire, w/ a regular relay.

i will upgrade to 15 guage wiring, time delay relays, get my rear off roads wired up.

with my tails 1k miles north you cannot imagine how much i miss the light output...

SmokedRam
01-06-2011, 01:52 AM
after seeing how bright yours are in the pics you post, 1 is all you need...but yeah man, change that wire out ASAP, that is just asking for trouble...

03 Rammer
01-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Do you have a write up or how to of how you did this. My recon tails are coming in soon and I want to do the same.

Two questions though, when you throw you truck into reverse does it take time for the ballast to warm up? Also have you had any heat problems with the hids being brigther than the halogens?

AParrette
01-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Do you have a write up or how to of how you did this. My recon tails are coming in soon and I want to do the same.

i could do this

Two questions though, when you throw you truck into reverse does it take time for the ballast to warm up?
it does, but it equals the halogen until you wait the 3 seconds it takes for the ballasts (i usually wait for them, especially winter w/ 5% tint)

Also have you had any heat problems with the hids being brigther than the halogens?

no heat problems that i have noticed. even where the ballasts are located