View Full Version : Jobs

BassMaster
12-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Well after an incident at work today, I may be looking for another job. I can't miss my truck payments. I am willing to relocate if it's a decent job. If anybody knows of anything PLEASE help me out. I am willing to do just about anything, I have carpentry/cabinetmaking skills. I'm not scared to get my hands dirty.

Stealth Mode
12-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Tampa is #4 on the un-employment list in the U.S..., So don't relocate down here unless it's a for sure thing.

What happened at work dude?

Fla 66 cuda
12-27-2010, 10:11 PM
No shit this area sucks for jobs and the ones that are hiring don't pay shit.

Onk
12-27-2010, 10:11 PM
What field are you skilled in??

BassMaster
12-27-2010, 10:22 PM
I have no certifications or anything, I planned to go back to school in April but if I lose my job, I can't afford to. Right now im working at walmart. I went to a technical high school, took 2 years of web design, pc support and network administration. Took a full year of Carpentry/Cabinetmaking all 7 classes were spent in the shop (senior year).

I was talking to a manager, co-worker comes up starts talking over me and saying stuff to me, I asked him to be quiet, he get's in my face I told him to back off, he puts his finger in my face I pushed his arm away and told him to never point his damn finger in my face again. My manager pages over the radio for all available managers to the parking lot.. Somehow all the blame is being put on me. His "daddy" has been with walmart for 20 something years and they think hes god.

Stealth Mode
12-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Maybe it's because i'm Latin and my temper is horrible, but that bitch woulda' got cut. Stick your finger in my face and ima' Mike Tyson ya' ass.

BassMaster
12-27-2010, 10:27 PM
The reason I didn't is because my manager was standing right next to me and I NEED my job. I have been trying to find another job for almost a year but nobody will offer at least $8 an hour or 40 hour weeks. I'm making $8.40 been there since November of 09. Hours are getting cut starting the second week of January to about 20.

Fla 66 cuda
12-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Happens to the best of us wish you luck hope it all blows over never know.

Stealth Mode
12-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Gimme' 2 dollar's and i'll ski mask that lil prick ;)

BassMaster
12-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks Cuda. We have to meet with the store manager tomorrow, she was not in today. I just got in trouble 2 weeks ago because a cashier came outside screaming at me trying to tell me how to do my job, I told her to go back inside and worry about her self.. Yeah walmart sucks. About 90% of our manager are female, it's quite hard to talk to them.

Stealth Mode
12-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Sooo,... No $2? Lol

Fla 66 cuda
12-27-2010, 10:35 PM
And they all hate men, i suppose you gather carts right, you said out side.

BassMaster
12-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah. Been out there for roughly a year and a half. Moved to the Tire Lube Express for a bit but didn't like how they treated there customers so I took the paycut and went back to the parking lot. I can't work inside, I would go crazy being inside all day. I'd like to get into the FWC but those jobs are hard to get unless you know someone.

Stealth, I'll give you $5 and wash your truck. Just got a new Porter Cable for Christmas.

Stealth Mode
12-27-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm far from sexist, but I have noticed with alot of my freind's bosses that are female's, tend to be really nasty if you're not on point 24/7 and god forbid if they tell you jump 6' and you jump 5'11", awwww man, shit's over with then.

SmokedRam
12-27-2010, 10:45 PM
We will be adding another 100 or so jobs soon, but it wont be soon enough to help you out. Alls I can say is do whatever you have to do, even if it comes down to working at McDonalds...in this economy any job is a good job.

BassMaster
12-27-2010, 10:46 PM
That's pretty much how it is. They can make mistakes but we can't.. Lot's completely cleaned up, all the carts are gathered, god forbid I walk inside for 30 seconds, it's 20 degrees outside I gotta thaw. The male managers are bad to but most of them will usually at least listen.

Stealth Mode
12-27-2010, 10:47 PM
in this economy any job is a good job.

Best advice you'll get...

BassMaster
12-27-2010, 10:48 PM
I know, I hate my job, but it pays better than anything else I can find, that's why I am still working there. Yes I am grateful to have my job.

Stealth Mode
12-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Just get one of those reflecto vest, a sharpie and a piece of cardboard and hit da street's.... Atleast you'll be treated better.

WalMart sound's like hell!

BassMaster
12-27-2010, 10:54 PM
I'd make more too lol. I read a survey one time, and it showed that the average "begger" makes between $12-15 per hour.

Ms.MagnumSLT
12-27-2010, 10:59 PM
That really sucks! I would not have taken to someone sticking their finger in my face either, they would be pickin' their ass up off the ground! anyway,I hope things work out for you!

OklaHemi
12-28-2010, 01:32 AM
See if there are any ioil rigs around you, I know there are in lousiana. Pay is awesome schedule iss unmatched but It is dangerous

Stealth Mode
12-28-2010, 01:43 AM
My boy worked on one about a year ago and buku money but some of the stories he told me about the work and how dangerous it actually is made me shudder.

OklaHemi
12-28-2010, 01:56 AM
i was actually crushed byu 300lbs of steel about 2 months ago, shattered my 2 front teeth, broke 3 vertebre in my back and torn my ankle up. but yeah i make about 90-100k and only work 6 months a year

Fla 66 cuda
12-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Ain't none based here that i'm aware of,i would not do that kind of work too dangerous and fast paced for me not even for that kind of money.Okla hope your feelin better.

BassMaster
12-28-2010, 09:49 AM
I actually have considered it, but the main thing that worries me is the man that's in office right now.

I ride ATV's and a lot of people that ride work in the oil field.

Fla 66 cuda
12-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Guy here at work shot an 8 point in green swamp christmas day 135 lbs i seen pics so it's true.

BassMaster
12-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Well, just got home from work, so far it seems like I am in the clear. He did get what they call a coaching. At walmart it's 3 strikes and you get a Decision Day, this will be I believe his second in only 5 months of being there. I talked to my manager and I am going back to night shifts so I don't have to deal with him anymore, just his father for about 6 hours a week. We don't talk so it's not so bad. If he pulls anything, Ill just call him out for harassment, I was already told to about 6 months back.

Fla 66 cuda
12-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Keep your nose clean don't start nothing don't do nothin back even if you want to, jobs are very hard to come by plus if you lose it for fighten or such your ability to gain employment elsewhare will be hampered. I was young once and i did stupid shit and paid the price fer it so hang in there. I hate my job very much but i go every day for the last 14 years it pays ok for florida, besides who's going to hire a 51 year old asshole with an attude problem so i'm stuck [or they are stuck] untill one of us has had enough.

BassMaster
12-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I am seriously considering the oil field again, just trying to wait till someone is outta office.

DocFeelgood
12-28-2010, 09:59 PM
I was talking to a manager, co-worker comes up starts talking over me and saying stuff to me, I asked him to be quiet, he get's in my face I told him to back off, he puts his finger in my face I pushed his arm away and told him to never point his damn finger in my face again. My manager pages over the radio for all available managers to the parking lot.. Somehow all the blame is being put on me. His "daddy" has been with walmart for 20 something years and they think hes god.

I had a co-worker do something similar to me with their finger's in my face and talking loud while droplets or water/spit was coming out of his mouth hitting me in the face. I had only 1 witness and it all turned racial on his side. I Immediately called my supervisor and told him. He told me not to worry about it. A few week later, I was called into safety to explain myself. I did and told him I had spoken with my supervisor within minutes of this happening and I had a letter written up and give it to him. They had me to go back to work and I never heard any else about it.

It pay to write a letter, Written letter hold more weight than verbal.. Be careful what you say in the letter, it could be used against you. Make sure you mention you felt threatened by them and moved their arm as a mater if self defense.

If you have lost your job already or afraid you will, get an attorney to write a letter, you might get your job back. It shouldn't cost much for him to write a letter. When WM see the letter head, they might take another look in to the matter.

I wish you luck.

BassMaster
12-28-2010, 10:04 PM
I only have to work with him for 3 more weeks. I will be going to work as he is leaving from then on.

DocFeelgood
12-28-2010, 10:20 PM
I only have to work with him for 3 more weeks. I will be going to work as he is leaving from then on.

3 weeks isn't that long.. Just do everything in you power to avoid him so he can't start or say anything else and don't talk to any other employees about it.. If some one other than a supervisor asks you about it, just say "you're not at liberty to discuss that matter" and carry on and act like nothing is wrong. Just be the stronger person.. Don't open mouth insert foot!

Ms.MagnumSLT
12-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Glad to hear things are o.k with you. Jobs are really hard to find now,I have been looking for something part time to go with my full time job. no luck at all! Hang in there!:)