PDA

View Full Version : Figured I would share...

Stealth Mode
12-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Cleaned up my Holset T50 turbo. It's been sitting for a hot minute, but seeing as it's gonna' be put to use very shortly, I had to clean the cobweb's out.

This one is off my uncles 2500 Cummins. He upgraded so I took it! I'll be running two, but I havent been able to find one in good shape. Everyone I come across has helacious shaft play. I'll probably order one from ebay or something like that.

It's gonna be a rear mounted setup. We are running all the piping under the bed of the truck, cutting out two hole's and mounting the turbo's inside the bed. Finally found a Tonuea cover so now we're in good shape.

My brother and I are still in the process of fabbing the piping but it's gonna come out really clean and look stock other than the carb hat... Plus, all that cold air in the bed + colder air charge threw the carb = faster.

Edit: Still looking for an intercooler if anyone has a line on one for sale!

Onk
12-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Turbooooooo....mmmmmmm

03 Rammer
12-11-2010, 03:06 PM
I asked a buddy of mine and he already sold his other turbo and intercooler from a 03 just recently sorry. I tried lol. I can get parts cheap aftermarket aswell. Is there an intercooler off of another car that will work for what you need.

03 Rammer
12-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Also rollincoal has a turbo from his truck he tried to sell to me. Might want to try and get ahold of him and see if he still has it. :)

Stealth Mode
12-12-2010, 09:47 AM
I could use a Skittle (SRT4) intercooler or even fab up mount's for the Subaru's.

I'm not too much into mixing up turbo brand's, so if it's another Holset T50 i'll snag it.

I seen one on CL for $200 but the guy dont return my email's... Guess he don't want my money that bad ;)

Stealth Mode
12-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Turbooooooo....mmmmmmm

Soon to be 2 :naughty:

strang3majik
12-12-2010, 12:29 PM
I have one from a Chrysler Conquest. I'd rather not get rid of it, but money talks...lol

Its a front mount...looks exactly like this...

http://www.theturboforums.com/car_images/intercoolers/1989%20intercooler%20form%20a%20starion.jpg

A lot of guys with Supras and stuff upgrade to them.

Also...heard a lot of good things about the Ebay turbos.

And, are you running oil and coolant through those? If you are...may want to consider an oil cooler as well.

Also, do yourself a favor and get an o2 sensor and gauge. Luckily, since you're staying carbed, you can use a narrowband sensor and it'll give you all the info you need. No need for a wideband...so, save your money there.

Should be a cool project, though....what motor is to be boosted?

Stealth Mode
12-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I understand the money talk's and bullshit run's a marathon... If someone came to your door and said I heard you have an intercooler and I have cash but i'm not gonna' tell you how much til you give me a price.. What would the price be? Lol

Yes on the oil feed's.

Really, I have two option's on how I want to run the piping. And please guy's, toss your .2 in the hat...

Option 1.
Run the turbo piping from the header's all the way down the frame rail's, with the oil feed's to the rear of the truck.
Option 2.
Run the turbo piping and oil feed's directly underneath like regular exhaust and set the turbo's up right behind the cab. It's less distance for the oil feed's and I can place the downpipes right in front of each rear wheel.

I have the oil cooler already. That was bought brand new from a guy at CSU when I dropped my carb off. I'm gonna' end up running the wideband. Mainly because I already have it but I don plan on switching to the narrowband. I been trying to trade off the wideband plus cash for a narrow but havnt had any bites.

Stealth Mode
12-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Should be a cool project, though....what motor is to be boosted?

Thank's! It's a "midly" built 360 :naughty:

Check out the other thread. I have the spec's there.

BAD HABIT
12-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Pm rollincoal on here I know he put some new stuff on his truck and prolly still has it sittin around, he lives over by strat and I so it's not a huge drive for a few parts

Stealth Mode
12-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Sent a PM. Finger's crossed.

BAD HABIT
12-12-2010, 02:01 PM
He's a good guy if you don't hear from him let me know I'll call him

Stealth Mode
12-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Will do!

Came to a comclusion tonight on the turbo mounting,... Finally. Lol

Gonna' end up placing the turbo's about 3" behind the cab in the bed. I have a set of boomtube exhaust I been itching to put on something and since a few of my other Mopar's are not being woken up yet, i'm gonna use it on the truck. I'm going to end up intially cutting two holes in the bed for each turbo. One for the intial charge piping and the other for the downpipe. Both downpipe's are gonna connect to the boomtube's.

Plus it's a shorter distance for the oil feed line's and shit. I'm getting closer, but it doenst feel like i'm making progress. Lol