View Full Version : Soooooo

SmokedRam
12-10-2010, 09:28 PM
I have had a company cell phone for about 6 months now I guess...they found out the hard way that I text allot, so they bumped my plan on it up to unlimited texts....however, I guess with the Verizon plans we have only mean unlimited Verizon to Verizon messages...I average 1500 texts a month...been going over by $90-$120 a month on my work phone.

So anyways, I got back on my family plan for a personal phone...got the Samsung Restore and it is a pretty cool phone...

http://www.techshout.com/mobile-phones/2010/07/samsung-restore-mobile-phone-from-sprint-leaps-onto-the-mobile-terrain/

Anybody else have it?

Onk
12-10-2010, 09:33 PM
hahahaha

I just got unlimited texting on my phone for work. They got my bill last month....almost 1200 dollars...lol

I have almost 9000 texts....and am only alloted 200 a month...

Whoops

SmokedRam
12-10-2010, 09:36 PM
The most I have hit with the company phones in the last 4 months was 1800 texts...LOL...being back on our Sprint family plan is great though...I spent an hour on FunForMobile last night getting ringers and pics...got me a sweet ass FSU wallpaper, the FSU battle chant, The Fall guy theme song, the Knight Rider theme song, Colt Fords Aint No Trash In My Trailer....

Onk
12-11-2010, 12:01 AM
anything for phones, ringers, wallpaper or any of that shit, go to myxer.com or zedge.com

SmokedRam
12-11-2010, 12:02 AM
I'll try those when I get home tonight....

awe
12-11-2010, 12:11 AM
I just call people if I have that much to say lolz, 500 is enough for me per month

SmokedRam
12-11-2010, 12:12 AM
I just call people if I have that much to say lolz, 500 is enough for me per month

pffttt, talking is so 2005...get with the times brother....:roflsquared:

Onk
12-11-2010, 01:12 AM
pffttt, talking is so 2005...get with the times brother....:roflsquared:

I totally agree. Texting is so much easier. You can control the convo that way.

I avg anywhere from 7000-11000 texts a month

awe
12-11-2010, 01:25 AM
lolz I guess I am old fashioned or something, but texting the conversation takes waaaay to long, where I can talk to the person and bang it out in a minute or two. I text for stuff like "where are you", and "dont forget blah blah" etc.

What drives me nuts is when my brother is texting his girlfriend and his phone is beeping every 2 seconds for texts that are only a word or two long......

HammerZ71
12-11-2010, 06:16 AM
I'm still using the LG Voyager this chick I was seeing got me for my birthday almost 2 years ago. I had always had just a regular cell phone and she got me this one because it had a keypad just so I would text her. I prolly averaged about 1200 texts a month right after I got this phone while I was seeing her. We broke up about six months after that though and I've went down to about 300 texts a month or so and that's about where I am now.

I'm due for a "new every two" on Jan 12 so I guess I'm gonna replace this Voyager. Been a good phone, only thing I've ever had to do is replace the battery about 3 months ago. Got an extended one off Amazon.com for all of $8 shipped, LOL.

Thinking about getting a Droid, seems like about everybody I know has that one...

SmokedRam
12-11-2010, 06:22 AM
I hear mixed personal reviews about Droid based phones...My sister in law is on our plan with Sprint and has one and she hates it...

awe
12-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Thinking about getting a Droid, seems like about everybody I know has that one...

I have the Droid X hammer, I dont know what service you use but if its verizon you have some nice choices of droid phones. My mom just bought the HTC Surround, which is one of the new windows phone 7 phones, that is pretty cool too.

After having the Droid for a few months now I can say that the droid phones do a lot more right out of the box than the iphones, but the apple app store is much bigger and gets more updates because its been around longer. I love the camera on my droid x, 8 megapixels! All the pics of my truck were taken with it and it does just as good of a job as my dig camera.