View Full Version : Christmas Traditions

unionmanofsteel
12-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Was wondering what kind of traditions everyone has for the Holidays or some that you miss now.

When I was a kid my father sold Christmas trees we always had a tree on the lot that we decorated. On Christmas eve my sister and I would be allowed to pick what to do with the tree, most of time it went into one of our rooms. But sometimes it went to a family in need. I miss those times and still try to do a good deed. Thankfully I am blessed to be able to help someone.

blackshadow
12-09-2010, 11:29 AM
I know it sounds crazy but the biggest tradition that I miss is the caroling, that is just something that nobody does anymore.

Fla 66 cuda
12-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Christmas dinner can't wait.

Onk
12-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Every Year....Entire family watches this movie

HammerZ71
12-09-2010, 01:52 PM

Yep, starting when I was in my teens I'd try to stay up for all 12 they'd show in a row on TNT. The ex-wife even joined me in it the first couple of years we were married. I prolly made the whole 24 hours about half a dozen times.

Ain't thought about trying to do that in a few years now...

SmokedRam
12-09-2010, 01:54 PM
I miss Christmas with my grandparents in general...they made Christmas special for all of us..

Storm Rider
12-09-2010, 09:34 PM
My mother has always bake a cake for Jesus. Every Christmas morning we would sing Happy Birthday and have cake to start the day. My mom would spend all day cooking and the smells would drive you crazy. This year is going to be a little different as my daughter Brandi is joining the Marine Corps in July. Her 18th birthday on the 22nd and Christmas on the 25th. Hard to believe both of my kids will be on their own next Christmas. I do get to spend Christmas with my grandsons and I usually buy them some loud flashing noisy toys. The best part of Christmas is that Brandi & I go to a local food ministry and help load boxes & cars for people in need. Them we head over to our Dunkin Donuts for a hot chocolate. I will miss when she won't be around to do that with me. I will keep doing it and maybe when my grandsons are older they will go with me and help.MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ON SEMopars and their families.

03 Rammer
12-09-2010, 11:01 PM
I try and put up as much lights as possible!

Shaggy
12-10-2010, 12:35 AM

Its that "Christmas Story" and "Christmas Vacation"!!!!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:g0gvNotG1orwsM:http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x288/irishchris420/Christmas%20Vacation/ChristmasVacation-1.jpg&t=1

BAD HABIT
12-10-2010, 08:19 AM
i miss the family stuff, i moved to florida 1almost 11 yrs ago my whole family lives in maine, i married into a great family but the family is so wide spread its hard to get em all into 1 spot for the holiday....oh and a white christmas

Fla 66 cuda
12-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Christmas has never been the same for me my father passed 3 days after xmas in 1988 and i was thousands of miles away in korea he kept asking for me and fought death off for those 3 days so he could say goodby and as usuall i failed him one last time i will never forgive my self for not being there to tell him how sorry i was for all the disagreements we had, i miss him very much, so for that reason christmas is just another day for me.I hope ya'll have a merry christmas and a happy new year hopefully next year will be better for all of us.

blackshadow
12-10-2010, 08:45 AM
here here and what ever you may think he has already forgiven you.

BAD HABIT
12-10-2010, 08:50 AM
ill second that shadow, im sure about that also...

Fla 66 cuda
12-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks ya'll since the kids have grown up we don't decorate i used to put up tons of stuff but after the kids growed up and i'm older became too much trouble to do.