View Full Version : The new powerplant!!!

Stealth Mode
12-08-2010, 09:44 PM
I'll share spec's like a good boy :005:

1972 360 Block, crank and connecting rod's. Ross flat top piston's. DSS main girdle. DSS lifter valley girdle. Full ARP hardwear in the bottom and top end.
340 "Z" head's with a full swirl port job. Stock size (2.02/1.64) stainless steel valves.
.540 Mopar Performance camshaft with the 4/7 swap.
Mopar Performance 1.6 roller rocker's.

Still havent decided on a intake. I'm waiting on my MSD distributor, MAGNUM Force valve cover's aaaaannnnd CSU (:flipthebird:) still has my carburator but its a 750 Holley double pumper. I ordered my scatter shield and flywheel 5 minutes ago because I decided against the 727 TorQFlite and i'm gonna' roll with the 4 speed. I wanna' be able to snatch gear's.

The ultimate goal is 500whp with the forced induction... :naughty:

And just to make ya drool... I made my own mount's (solid) and had to test fit.

SmokedRam
12-08-2010, 10:02 PM
nice...I hate Holley Carbs...I had one on my 75 F250 with a 352 in it...HATED it...I prefer Edelbrock...

Stealth Mode
12-08-2010, 10:15 PM
I never had good luck with Edelbrock. Holley has alway's treated me right. And considering how much I payed CSU, that bitch better be bulletproof. Lol

BAD HABIT
12-08-2010, 10:19 PM
looking good bro

SmokedRam
12-08-2010, 10:36 PM
I never had good luck with Edelbrock. Holley has alway's treated me right. And considering how much I payed CSU, that bitch better be bulletproof. Lol
I guess if you know how to dial them in then Holley is the way to go...but for pretty much out of the box performance, I think Edelbrock is my preferred choice.

It's hard finding a good Carb tuner around here...

Stealth Mode
12-08-2010, 11:03 PM
The problem with Holley with the "outta' the box" performance aspect of it is the jet's they put in em' are fuckin humongous!!! My 750 was bought brand new a year ago and had 91 Primaries and 85 secondaries! Huge fuckin jets! Now i'm at 73 Secondaries and 80 Primaries. Hopefully it's enough fuel for this engine and my plans.

Onk
12-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Looking good!!!!

SmokedRam
12-09-2010, 12:54 AM
The problem with Holley with the "outta' the box" performance aspect of it is the jet's they put in em' are fuckin humongous!!! My 750 was bought brand new a year ago and had 91 Primaries and 85 secondaries! Huge fuckin jets! Now i'm at 73 Secondaries and 80 Primaries. Hopefully it's enough fuel for this engine and my plans.

Yeah, see, I dont know jack shit about jetting a carb...I even fucked up rebuilding a Motorcraft carb on my old 77 F250...FML...After I messed that Motorcraft 4bbl up I just went to Autozone and bought an Edelbrock 1406 and the Ford linkage adapter deal and was done with it....

Fla 66 cuda
12-09-2010, 08:16 AM
I hate holleys for street aplication great for racing, i like edelbrock for street. My last holley was a pure nightmare.It was so much trouble i kept a quadrajet for a backup.Put on an edelbrock never had to mess with it again same on the cuda put on the edelbrock haven't messed with it since.

OklaHemi
12-09-2010, 10:55 AM
i dont think you will be low and slow after all that,..

NOTPAID4
12-09-2010, 12:02 PM
That's impressive!!!

I, too, am a HOLLEY hater! I bought two brand new 780 dual line, single pumpers for two of my cars and neither one would run right. Put them on my cars ~ idle was perfect ~ drove OK......UNTIL I stomped the pedal... the front float on both would rise to the top and drown the car out. Kept taken them apart adjusting and the same thing would happen again. I just ended up putting some quadrajets on my two cars and they ran perfect ~ just didn't have as much get up and go.... but at least they RAN!

Fla 66 cuda
12-09-2010, 01:04 PM
You'll still be low but quicker, prase the lowered!

Stealth Mode
12-09-2010, 08:45 PM
My only complaint with Holley is just the jet sizing being all kind's of fucking retarded outta' the box. You can adjust the air/fuel all you want, but when the jet size's are for a 460ci big block and you're putting it on a small block, it's never gonna' work.

Thank's for all the compliment's. I have alot of money tied up in this setup, so finger's crossed that it work's the way i'm hoping.

I'm looking for a front mount intercooler if anyone has a line on one!

Rear mount hidden turbo's FTMFW!!!