View Full Version : Newb from Englewood, FL

strang3majik
12-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi everyone.

I was referred by RamStrat at the Mopar and AMC show in Englewood, FL yesterday, so, figured I'd drop by and check the site out. Looks good so far... :) And he was a pretty cool guy with a pretty cool truck...haha.

But, at the show I had my 98 Ram SS/T...the only (done enough) project I have worth showing. But, I have quite a few others at home. All Mopar, of course. :p

But, theres the 1968 Plymouth Barracuda, 1985 Dodge Omni GLH, 1985 Dodge Shelby Charger (turbo), and, though I'm planning on selling it, a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited.

I'm from a Mopar family. My dad has his own collection...
1968 Dodge Charger R/T (grandfather bought it new)
1981 Dodge Mirada
1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace truck
and a 2003 Dodge Ram (Hemi).
He has an IROC too, but, we won't hold that against him...lol

But, I'm looking forward to being a member of the site. Hopefully someday, we can hold a meet for the Florida chapter...rare anything ever happens down here.

And...I'm in the process of making a member's rides post...so...look for pictures in there :D

SmokedRam
12-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Welcome to the family...I would love to see pics of your dads 68 Charger...PLEASE....

Fla 66 cuda
12-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Welcome to SEmopars great pics we love pics enjoy the site.

12-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Welcome, And pics. are enjoyed even if the project is not finished. Or started for that matter, We just like looking at stuff.

Onk
12-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Welcome!!!! Glad to have ya on the site!!! You definitely have a sweet truck!!!!

It was good talking to you as well!!!

BAD HABIT
12-06-2010, 08:36 PM
welcome to SEMopars bud, that was a sweet ss/t you had yesterday, and yes be sure to post up those pics, even of the project cars....

unionmanofsteel
12-06-2010, 09:35 PM
welcome:jester::jester::jester:

whoyadoc
12-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Welcome aboard! An outstanding time spread of Mopars! I'm a 'newbee' to this site, only a week, but I had advise to jump in with any questions, concerns, or advice/opinions! I haven't seen anything but down to earth people here, that will tell you how they feel. Welcome!

NOTPAID4
12-06-2010, 10:00 PM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/deboyacej/th_welcome012.gif?t=1291687180 (http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/deboyacej/?action=view&current=welcome012.gif)from a FOUR MAGNUM family in North Carolina.

Challenger345
12-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the Club from North Carolina, hope to see you Labor Day weekend 2011 in Ocala

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad108/challenger345/Calander/0007.jpg

strang3majik
12-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Liking this site already. Friendly people on the internet is a rare find...haha.

And was good talking to you too, RamStrat. And, JusJay, you were the one with him, right? Good meeting you too.

Also, is that the Garlits show? If so, I'll be there. Last year I got some good parts for the Cuda for dirt cheap.

And....here's a picture of my dad's 68 Charger. My grandfather ordered it in September of 1967 and took delivery on Oct 4, 1967. When my dad was 14 (1977), my grandfather was going to trade it in on a Subaru station wagon for gas mileage reasons and the fact it had very rusty quarters...but...my dad begged and pleaded for it and finally my grandfather gave it to him with the kind words, "You want that POS...its yours, but when you turn 16, don't come crying to me telling me what a POS it is." lol

And, my dad has had it ever since...and, now, my grandfather is glad he kept it.

But, $3000 new along with a Corvair Spyder as a trade...haha.

440/727/Dana 60. Let me just say this...my truck runs good...taken my share of 5.0 Muskrats...well, my dad passed me looking straight at me. ie...sideways spinning tires. And he passed me badly. If that car hooked up, holy christ...lol

But, here it is. This is a pic with the ralley wheels. He's running green steelies now, which I like better, but, its his car :p

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/strang3majik/DSC02073.jpg

And, here is a video of the restoration I made. It took him and I a little over 2 years to do it. As a matter a fact, we were almost sick of it by the time it was done. Every night, block sanding, wire wheeling, painting, grinding...block sanding. Oh, and we block sanded too...lol

Here's the video, though. Turn your speakers on...the music kinda goes with it :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhtELzq2Ksw

Onk
12-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Yea the Garlits show is Labor Day weekend.

We are sponsoring it! Going to be a big show for sure!

whoyadoc
12-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Outstanding, And THANK YOU!!! You did the utopia restoration to a true classic Mopar. Although some of us might not have the extra garage, money, and resources to undertake a project like this, I seriously saw that you did all the work yourself, help from friends, but no total outsourcing to do the work. I know you will be a GREAT influence to this site. There is nothing we cannot do if we put our minds to it. Obstacles are just an opportunity to overcome take pleasue in overcomming.

Onk
12-07-2010, 12:24 AM
I take lots of pleasure in coming....

Lol

I mean Overcoming!

BAD HABIT
12-07-2010, 07:11 AM
sweet car, yes im jay i was with kevin on sunday, and yes i hope to see more of you at upcoming shows and on here if there is anything we can help each other with just say so....we love to hear about shows and well mods and the auto's....

Fla 66 cuda
12-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Great charger love those old mopars welcome.