View Full Version : Starting my journey to find "my beer"

SmokedRam
12-06-2010, 03:56 AM
So...I'm good with Bud Light, Coors Light...etc...but I wanna dig into the world of microbrews...really want to explore some new beers. I would prefer a beer to not be very "hoppy"...if anything more on the citrus tastiness the better for me...

What do you guys suggest? Hopefully this Summer I can talk one of my SEMOPAR brothers in the Carolinas to ship me some "Son Of A Peach" beer...YUMMY....

BAD HABIT
12-06-2010, 07:09 AM
blue moon with a orange slice mmmmmgood.....

OklaHemi
12-06-2010, 10:49 AM
i dont thin k its a micro brew but if i ever drink "beer" i have to have boulevard wheat... man that stuff is good. do you guys have like a yard house down there? im sure you do the one in colorado has over 125 brews on tap, maybe more i dont remember, i lost count after 8.

SmokedRam
12-06-2010, 01:17 PM
I dont think we have a Yard House Okla, if we do, I have never heard of it....I have come to the conclusion that craft beer is where it's at...like that "son of a peach" brew I mentioned earlier...

SmokedRam
12-06-2010, 01:18 PM
blue moon with a orange slice mmmmmgood.....

I will have to try this...

Onk
12-06-2010, 01:49 PM
anything from Dunedin Brewery.

Especial their Raspberry Ale....

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm

SmokedRam
12-06-2010, 01:58 PM
I was looking at some Rasberry flavored beers last night on a website...

just looked them up...their Apricot Peach Ale is sounding great...

Onk
12-06-2010, 02:08 PM
I used to live down the road from the brewery in Dunedin. Their beer is DEFINITELY something you shouldnt miss!!!

They have a beer fest (i think its once a month...or a few times a year) but its fun. Music, girls, good, and free beer!!!!

SmokedRam
12-06-2010, 02:22 PM
The wife and I are gonna drive over there after Christmas and take the tour and hang out....

Onk
12-06-2010, 02:24 PM
well let me know when you go...its down the road from me and Jay....we can join ya!

SmokedRam
12-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Alright sweet!!! Will do....

unionmanofsteel
12-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I found a Blue Berry beer that was good its called wild blue

whoyadoc
12-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Well, I was just discussing this with a friend that lives up in Brooksville...LOL
He makes his own beer, and highly reccomends the International Beer Garten off of SR 54 and the Suncoast Parkway to explore and taste the many types of beer. He says they have and outstanding selection on tap and bottled, and very knowedgable stall to assist. Web site is : ibgtampa.com
I also found some Youtube clips that were great(search Youtube : International Beer Garten).
Personnally, Uncle Sam has enabled me to try many types of beer around the world, and establishments that have boasted serving up to 133 different beers. Overall, I loved them all!!! The best was XXXX beer in Brisbaine Australia, served right out of the wooden keg.
I'd suggest a visit to the International Beer Garden, to taste some beer. Sounds like an outstanding "Meet and Greet" opportunity!

SmokedRam
12-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Look what I picked up tonight....

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q100/tstewartdepotphotos/bW1jMS9EQ0lNLzEwMFNTTUVEL1NTUFgwMDA5LmpwZw.jpg