View Full Version : Sofar $833.00 of damage.

TopB2972
12-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Yesturday morning A small deer ran out in front of me while going to work. yes I hit it and believe it or not, a 2006 Charger will run OVER a deer. Sofar they are going to remove, clean and repaint the front bumper area. replace the chin spoiler, replace all the underneath panels, replace the fog light, and do an alignment. he wasn't sure if the head light needs to be replaced. said once its out they will take a good look at it. I couldn't believe the Body wasn't really hurt that bad and i'm driving it. until Monday when they take the car and I get a Rental. :-( probably be a Toyota.

Igolo
12-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Sorry to hear that man, but sounds like you got off pretty lucky!! Hopefully they'll be able to get her fixed up in no time!!

B.A.Retro10
12-03-2010, 06:50 PM
OMG ! You say you ran over Bambi I'm glad your ok, It don't sound like there is to much damage. The last one I hit totaled my ride (folded the hood back to the windshield). Every morning I go to work I hold my breath. I hope your fix will be to your satisfaction. Take care Brother !!!

Challenger345
12-03-2010, 07:33 PM
hate to hear that, glad you are ok, got any pictures to share
steve

BAD HABIT
12-03-2010, 08:17 PM
sorry to hear this as after any type of damage its just not the same, in all honesty in the right light you can see my driverside rear door the paint is a hair off...i hate it...but the whole thing will get painted eventually...

Storm Rider
12-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope your repairs go well. Don't let them use non-Mopar parts. Glad to hear you are alright. You will be lucky if you get a Toyota, you might get a moped.(lol) Hang tough things will work out.

TopB2972
12-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope your repairs go well. Don't let them use non-Mopar parts. Glad to hear you are alright. You will be lucky if you get a Toyota, you might get a moped.(lol) Hang tough things will work out.

Toyota-moped whats the difference. J/k
It is a good shop. larger company thats been in W-S for ever. only 4 years old it shouldn't be too hard to match up the paint (knock on wood) most of whats being replaced is underneath the car though.

TopB2972
12-04-2010, 09:56 AM
hate to hear that, glad you are ok, got any pictures to share
steve

nothing really to see if it wasn't for the hair and scratches you really couldn't tell I hit a deer. after it fixed I will be taking some pics. need to anyways its been awhile and need to post some.

BAD HABIT
12-04-2010, 10:09 AM
mines only a 04 i dont know how it happened, i bought it, looked great and in certain lights its a shade off...drives me nuts along with a few scratches...but w/e its a truck and ill eventually have the whole thing painted....

blackshadow
12-04-2010, 10:18 AM
sorry to hear about the acc, and I know what you mean about jumping right in front of you, I hit one that jump off the bank right into the truck never even hit the road till I was done mangling it. 5500. damage to the passenger side of the truck. It doesn't take long.

NOTPAID4
12-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Sure hate to hear about that Will; however it sounds actually like you got very lucky. Tee hit a deer our here right close to the house about three years ago with our GEO Tracker and totaled it out. That's how we ended up buying the Scion XB.

We, too, hold our breath every time we leave the house. We see deer all the time out here in the boonies......

OklaHemi
12-04-2010, 12:47 PM
man i hate the thought of that. i had a deer run out in front of my tahoe in colorado, luckily i wasnt going fast and was able to stop. i am not a hunter by any means but if one of those little bastards hits one of my vehicles i will be come part of the population control. it sucks that you hit one but i am glad you are ok

FATJACK
12-05-2010, 10:54 AM
The over population in the SouthEast is crazy. They are looking at expanding the hunting season.

340GTS
12-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Sorry to hear of your bad luck.
My wife had some minor nose damage...at 5 years old, the repair really spruced up the front end.
I am guessing it was a Doe??

SmokedRam
12-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Our deer here in Florida are so small, they barely crack your headlight if you hit one...

TopB2972
12-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Sorry to hear of your bad luck.
My wife had some minor nose damage...at 5 years old, the repair really spruced up the front end.
I am guessing it was a Doe??

It was either a really young deer or a small doe. top of its head was probably about 6 inches higher than top of Chargers Grill.

MRS.PAID4
12-05-2010, 04:36 PM
I hated to here what happened to your ride, I no what kinda damage a deer can do, I totaled our tracker a few years ago. Good luck on gettin your ride back up & runnin!

TopB2972
12-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Got the Car back today. $932.86 was the final cost to repair. Not too much damage. Driving a 2011 Camry (4cyl) made me miss my Hemi SOOOOOOO Badly. I think the Hemi actually gets better mailage. LOL

Storm Rider
12-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Congrats Will on getting your ride back!!! Hope she looks beautiful. You can turn in your Flintstone mobile and get back laying it down on the pavement. Glad things went your way.

Onk
12-10-2010, 08:17 PM
So i havent seen any pictures yet....

Did you at least keep the deer???

Deer Chili, Deer Sausage, Deer Jerky, Deer Roast....

TopB2972
12-10-2010, 09:10 PM
So i havent seen any pictures yet....

Did you at least keep the deer???

Deer Chili, Deer Sausage, Deer Jerky, Deer Roast....

Pictures the body of the car wasn't really hurt a few scratches on the head light and bumper cover. but all the body panels under the car were destroyed. it was I guess a fawn or small doe. The car actually ran over the deer. 2 guys behind me in a truck asked if they could have it. told them sure.

I must be getting soft I missed my Heated seats. LOL heck I missed the whole car.

B.A.Retro10
12-11-2010, 07:40 PM
So glad everything worked for you brother, still glad no one was hurt !!!

TopB2972
12-13-2010, 06:30 PM
I am taking the car back tomorrow. I saw in direct sun the paint on the nose piece matches perfect with the rest of the car but out of sunlight it is actually a different shade of yellow. already thought of what they will probably say. that its plastic and body is metal so its going to be different. But Rear bumper matches body perfectly. I had someone who didn't even know the car had work done ask me what happened to my car. where they saw the color difference.