View Full Version : Just a few concerns

004x41500
11-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Myself, and a few other members here have started to notice some things that really probably werent done on purpose, but it really needs to be addressed.

It seems as though this site has gone towards the more heavily modded vehicles, and a slight bit a favoritism, dont get me wrong, i love the site, and its nice to talk to others that live nearby, but i honestly feel like everyone has gotten away from why were really here, and thats to bring together a great group of vehicles (MOPAR) and bring them all to one club, but its almost like thats no longer on the list.

Maybe its just me and the other members(who shall remain nameless) but I feel that this needs to be addressed.

No pun intended, more along the lines of constructive criticism.

Onk
11-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Im not quite sure thats whats going on. I think there are people that are into modding and then people that are here more for the interaction and then there are people here for both.

I dont think its favored either way. We are going to get an influx of members who are modded, members who make modded members look stock and totally bone stock members...

Its all a pool of Mopars

SmokedRam
11-29-2010, 09:28 PM
In the future of SEMOPARS...where do us members fit in around here whom are unmodded...who are riding stock?

BAD HABIT
11-29-2010, 09:30 PM
thank you kevin i couldnt have said it better than you, i for one am not heavily modded, and some of the members are, i have been jobless for over a year and i have been putting myself thru school i am a 30 yr old man with a family and more bills than a average 30yr old. so that prevents alot of my modding, do i have alot done to the truck i dont feel as so, but i do have the basics down... if you think i have favoratism towards modded vehicles your wrong, do i admire and am i happy badass vehicles are coming to the site hell yeah, am i glad we have down to earth members that sign up just as happy, modded or not there is one thing we all share and thats love for mopars, mild to wild its all fair, if this is over the site rotator pics, i thought better of you guys, its a eye candy thing, what would appeal to the visitor?....sales points guys...

BAD HABIT
11-29-2010, 09:31 PM
In the future of SEMOPARS...where do us members fit in around here whom are unmodded...who are riding stock?

you fit right in cause not all people are into modding its a love for the mopar....

BAD HABIT
11-29-2010, 09:32 PM

004x41500
11-29-2010, 09:36 PM
this wasnt a post to separate the site, it was merely constructive criticism. i posted many pics in the thread you started. i just felt that this should be addressed while were still small and growing, before it becomes a problem, and the site shuts down. there are some really sweet rides on here, and alot of blood sweat and tears spent on them as well, and the sales point i understand, but you also have to be careful not to give the impression that this site is all modded vehicles only.

SmokedRam
11-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I read it...

Shaggy
11-29-2010, 09:41 PM
this wasnt a post to separate the site, it was merely constructive criticism. i posted many pics in the thread you started. i just felt that this should be addressed while were still small and growing, before it becomes a problem, and the site shuts down. there are some really sweet rides on here, and alot of blood sweat and tears spent on them as well, and the sales point i understand, but you also have to be careful not to give the impression that this site is all modded vehicles only.

You have a good point and so does J. With the skin, there does need to be bling, but there also needs to be the non modded vehicles on it to, so those that do not have mods still know its forum for them. It does make sense to add a few stock mopars on there too. We will get it setup that way.

BAD HABIT
11-29-2010, 09:44 PM
nobody ever said stocks were out, we asked for pics from everybody so we could discuss this in our staff section we dont wanna offend anyone by anymeans but we are looking for a nonspoken sales point to draw attention to our site from prospective members....

SmokedRam
11-29-2010, 09:46 PM

I second this...if this is going to an actual "club" than I feel that every single member of the club has a voice and should be able, without reprimand to voice his/her concern. I LOVE this place and I prromote it heavily on other places I frequent...

It truely hurts a little that someone would feel less of us for being honest for exhibiting our opinions.

BAD HABIT
11-29-2010, 09:47 PM
we dont feel any less of anyone you guys are great members and i dont understand why yall feel the way you do

004x41500
11-29-2010, 09:48 PM
shaggy i appreciate the response, i really didnt mean to offend anyone, like i said i was just voicing my opinion on things, as i see that theres no other way to improve a site without the users input on things. I thought it was best to post publicly so it can be brought to everyones attention, and for those who havent said anything for fear of being flamed or even worse banned, and that way improvements and other suggestions can be made, that way everyone is happy, and so that theres no left wing or right wing.

Shaggy
11-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Guys, we have no issues of you posting up your concerns. Always post up your ideas and concerns. We like to hear them. Whatever you think can better the site, post up that idea and we can all talk about it as a whole.

03 Rammer
11-29-2010, 10:01 PM
mmmmmmm.....No issues here. Im on the fence I consider myself a stock modified truck.

004x41500
i can see where 96magnum is coming from, since jay had said he was just going to delete the post, and it came across to me like he took offense to it, and was trying to keep us quiet about it, but now it seems that the internet has really taken away the ability to tell a persons demeanor. though i highly doubt jay intended it to be taken the way it was.

SmokedRam
Well, I think that as long as we can be assured that the unmodded guys that we invite hear have the same opprotunaties as the modded members that we are set. And when I say that I mean NO DISRESPECT TO ANY MODDED MEMBERS...Maybe we are just experiencing growing pains as more guys join up. We just wanna be sure that you would be proud to park next to our vehicles if we were meeting up somewhere....

BAD HABIT
11-29-2010, 10:02 PM
i wont flame anyone or ban anyone unless rules are broken, your concerns are valid, but in no way cory are we right winging anything, we dont control who signs up by anymeans. im sorry you feel the way you do.

BAD HABIT
11-29-2010, 10:04 PM
absolutely adam, why would i be ashamed to have you in my club or park next to me, i drove a gen 2 once too looked totally stock until i lifted the hood....03 rammer thanks for your input again my 3rd gen looks pretty stock too now that i think about it....

BAD HABIT
11-29-2010, 10:07 PM
cory i did take a lil offense cause in noway have i made anything ive done or say look, like im right winging the place, WE are trying to make the best s/e club and site there is and in noway would we discriminate on a mopar thats unmodded or to modded....

004x41500
11-29-2010, 10:08 PM
jay its not that i feel bad or anything, i just felt that there was an issue that needed to be addressed. im sure you mean no wrong doings, or any sort of favoritism, but it was an issue with other members, and i just felt the need to step up and say something. honestly i get on here a few times a day. theres no hard feelings or anything, just an honest opinion that needed to be voiced.

jimtete
11-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Before the SRT10 I had a 2001 1/2 ton 2wd pickup. Put dual exhaust on it (catback)and Tinted the windows, and proud to drive it just like the 10. I'll park with and party with any you guys anytime anywhere ........ just my 2 cents ...

jim

BAD HABIT
11-29-2010, 10:13 PM
see everyone has pride in there own vehicle, like i said from mild to wild, its all a love for cars and trucks.....

SmokedRam
11-29-2010, 10:14 PM
I am actually pretty damn proud that we can all have this conversation and it not get outta hand....I totally respect everything that has been done to make this place what it is today...Ya know...when I first signed up here and got to talking to guys in the "MOPAR" scene I told them I could really tell a big difference from this scene and the other scene I was in...this conversation only proves that. Sorry that it started off on the wrong foot so to speak Jay...that was never the intention...thanks for listening with open ears too.

004x41500
11-29-2010, 10:16 PM
ya, i really agree with you there adam, at first i was kinda iffy about the responses i might get, but it needed to be brought up

11-29-2010, 10:27 PM
I am almost stock, Shorty headers & cat back thats about it.

Fla 66 cuda
11-29-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm mildly modded and extreamly broke x2.

Onk
11-29-2010, 11:17 PM
I saw a question i wanted to quickly address...(i.e. Would we who are modded be able to park to a stock vehicle)

Moddeds, stocks, hoods, paints, systems, wheels/tires, motors aside.....

We are all in the same club. I would be proud to park next to any other club members vehicle. Whether it was stock or 50 times more modded than mine. There is power in numbers, and it doesnt matter what you have, what matters is whether or not you take pride in your mopar, self, and club (both members and vehicles).

Someone said that this instance is similar to growing pains. That is an accurate description. We are a new club, growing each and every day. As long as we all stay mature, honest, respectful and open with each other, we will all be able to take these times, work them out, and better the club as a whole.

It can be a win win for all!

SmokedRam
11-30-2010, 12:53 AM
I saw a question i wanted to quickly address...(i.e. Would we who are modded be able to park to a stock vehicle)

Moddeds, stocks, hoods, paints, systems, wheels/tires, motors aside.....

We are all in the same club. I would be proud to park next to any other club members vehicle. Whether it was stock or 50 times more modded than mine. There is power in numbers, and it doesnt matter what you have, what matters is whether or not you take pride in your mopar, self, and club (both members and vehicles).

Someone said that this instance is similar to growing pains. That is an accurate description. We are a new club, growing each and every day. As long as we all stay mature, honest, respectful and open with each other, we will all be able to take these times, work them out, and better the club as a whole.

It can be a win win for all!

Well said and thank you...now, lets show the world that this MOPAR club is the best damn MOPAR club around...

NOTPAID4
11-30-2010, 01:28 AM
That IS the same way I feel, would love to park next to any MEMBER on here; but if you got a Big Truck; please don't block the view of my little magnum ~ LOL~
(However in the summer, I'd appreciate the SHADE!!!)

Onk
11-30-2010, 01:34 AM
That IS the same way I feel, would love to park next to any MEMBER on here; but if you got a Big Truck; please don't block the view of my little magnum ~ LOL~
(However in the summer, I'd appreciate the SHADE!!!)

Lol, its funny. I went to a show in july over in tampa somewhere....and i parked next to a bunch of Charger folk, and they were all sweatin and burning, and my gang was sitting in chairs next to "RamIt"'s shade....

They all told me that its not fair I bring my own shade....lol

txbass06
11-30-2010, 02:21 AM
Just my 2 cents here...
I read all 4 pages of this and can honestly say, this is one of the only forums I've ever been a part of, that this topic could have been brought up and dealt with in a civilized manner rather than flaming, shit talking, and a bunch of newly banned members.
For lack of a better word, I'm proud to be a member of such a professionally administrated site.
I don't have a thousand posts, but I am on here every day, multiple times, and like the fact that whatever thread I read, there's no hateful flaming going on

SmokedRam
11-30-2010, 02:32 AM
Just my 2 cents here...
I read all 4 pages of this and can honestly say, this is one of the only forums I've ever been a part of, that this topic could have been brought up and dealt with in a civilized manner rather than flaming, shit talking, and a bunch of newly banned members.
For lack of a better word, I'm proud to be a member of such a professionally administrated site.
I don't have a thousand posts, but I am on here every day, multiple times, and like the fact that whatever thread I read, there's no hateful flaming going on

I wish we had a "like" button....LOL

Onk
11-30-2010, 02:56 AM
Just my 2 cents here...
And that right there is exactly what we are striving for!!!! We want to be the site that anything can be talked about. Anything can be brought up and we can all discuss it like mature adults! I have had multiple conversations with Jay and neither of us will tolerate "Forum Drama". The fact that someone had a concern, it was addressed, multiple people had their say(s) and its only leading us to improve this place. I have no doubt that word will get around that this is THEE Mopar forum to be a part of. Its all about maturity, honesty, and openness. We are all here to share our love for Mopars.

I wish we had a "like" button....LOL

I know, kinda like Facebook....lol

SmokedRam
11-30-2010, 02:58 AM
You know why?
Because if your Mopar isn't a South East Mopar...it's just another set of wheels...

LOL...I am reppin that saying on Facebook and RF and other forums too

Onk
11-30-2010, 03:04 AM
lol thats good!

Shaggy
11-30-2010, 04:09 AM
Well this is the way it will always be ran. If you have a question or concern, post it up. We are always wanting to hear them. That's what this section is for :waytogo:

AParrette
11-30-2010, 05:07 AM
http://www.deviantart.com/download/92294052/why_so_serious___by_beep_a_zoid.jpg

004x41500
11-30-2010, 06:53 AM
alex that imAge scares me. lol. i do appreciate the respect i got for posting such a "controversial" subject. and one that actually led to a civilized open discussion, and a very acceptable result. Id like to thank all who posted, and all who helped us get to the conclusion we came to. Id especially like to thank, Jay, Shaggy, and Kevin, for their input on this as well. I am rather supprised at how quick we came to an agreement on such a delicate topic. I also appreciate how well it was handled as oppsosed to me being flamed and banned from the site for voicing my opinion, as well as speaking up for others who had fear of the same thing. I also would like to point out that despite the differences we all have, this topic was handled very professionally.

BAD HABIT
11-30-2010, 07:08 AM
thank you guys, for the concern, although i was a lil upset last night to even think you guys felt that way. im glad everything is cool and we can go on being the best damn club/forum on the net, bring on the mopars mild to wild.....i think we need to incorporate that some where anyone else feel the same.....SEMopars bringing mild to wild mopars together in one club.....

AParrette
11-30-2010, 11:43 AM
my truck may have a shit ton of little mods done. but it is far from being a lifted extreme truck or a bagged pavement eater. to me that is modded. and i think the best mods are debadging and rims and tires. with just those two done you can show your imagination and creativity. of coarse i'm not saying to do those things. it's just after switching 1 thing on any vehicle to something you wanted if therefor becomes modded.

OklaHemi
11-30-2010, 06:44 PM
http://www.deviantart.com/download/92294052/why_so_serious___by_beep_a_zoid.jpg

i like it im saving it.

guys im glad you all feel free to voice you concerns here, please do. stock or modded a mopar is a mopar. im consider my truck light modded by all means and i feel just fine here

Fla 66 cuda
11-30-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm hoping when ya'll go to englewood we get some classics up in here cudas lonely,nothin against you rams and others just hoping for more of an assortment.

SmokedRam
11-30-2010, 07:02 PM
I too hope that we can get some more classics here...

Onk
11-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Well bring your cuda down with us....maybe it can find a Cuda mate!

OklaHemi
11-30-2010, 07:10 PM
dude we want all models of mopars. i cant wait for the next show season to begin....

Fla 66 cuda
11-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Not without a trailer, she is 43 years old engine has never been opened, i don't trust it that far. Don't want to tear her up can't afford to fix her,then i would have nothing to play with here, thanks for the invite but i decline i'd go in my truck but can't afford to spend except on bills. Sorry.

Shaggy
11-30-2010, 09:12 PM
I too hope that we can get some more classics here...

Ditto!

03 Rammer
11-30-2010, 09:40 PM
I think this picture pretty much sums up the mild to wild aspect of SEMOPARS: As you can see in this pic we have a great mix of trucks starting from day one.

:roflsquared:

OklaHemi
11-30-2010, 09:42 PM
ohhh im jealous... i want to be there

SmokedRam
11-30-2010, 09:44 PM
I think this picture pretty much sums up the mild to wild aspect of SEMOPARS: As you can see in this pic we have a great mix of trucks starting from day one.

Would need a much wider lense today to fit all our trucks/cars in there for the Central Florida Chapter...

03 Rammer
11-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Would need a much wider lense today to fit all our trucks/cars in there for the Central Florida Chapter...

Thats a good thing. That was taken with my HTC EVO. So I was shocked it all fit. lol

Onk
11-30-2010, 10:10 PM

Didnt I take that picture?? Lol

03 Rammer
11-30-2010, 10:14 PM
You took one similar. This one is from my phone for sure I have 5 of them and a whole bunch from the truck and jeep fest.

Onk
11-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Im closing this thread. I think its safe to say that the issue has been resolved. We seem to be steering off topic now.

Thanks to all who inputed their thoughts, comments, and opinions that helped up achieve a solution suitable for everyone.

It is things like this that will make SEM the biggest, baddest, best mopar club around!!!

RS