PDA

View Full Version : The Cuda got some love

Fla 66 cuda
12-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Several months ago the water pump gave up and it was quite a pain in the ass to get the right parts but a nice woman at my local NAPA got me the right one finally. During the water pump replacement I noticed the radiator was pretty ratty looking and a replacement [exact replacement] was very expensive and rebuilding was probly impossible, so we started looking for an aluminum aftermarket and purchased a Champion 3 core aluminum radiator and electric fans. It took some fabricating/modifying to install but the car runs cooler than it ever did. However in the process of this my vision of a stock looking engine bay had gone to retro rod style look, I have some other goodies coming to spruce up this old girl!!!!!!

LB3711
12-25-2013, 09:23 PM
nice. came out good

AWE Daniel
12-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Awesome, i bet it performs better now.

Fla 66 cuda
12-26-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm very happy with it and when my other trinkets come it'll be so much better. Yep I'm sure that since it's not running hot anymore it'll run much better. Thanks ya'll.

Fla 66 cuda
12-28-2013, 11:44 PM
My trinkets arrived and a couple more were ordered tonight!!! I installed my new valve covers today. I went with these for two reasons #1 every Mopar has the same old finned Mopar logo covers so I decided to go with these #2 that match the design of my valve covers so the engine bay is proportionate. Now the damn A/C compressor looks out of place but it'll get swapped out for a modern unit eventually [maybe].

old man
12-29-2013, 07:23 AM
looks good i would just paint the compessor

Fla 66 cuda
12-29-2013, 09:12 AM
I plan today to remove the A/C lines and clean/polish them up ect. and see if that don't spruce it up some. I have spent enough money on this thing gonna have to take a rest. Happy New Year All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!