PDA

View Full Version : Cold Air Intake

NCInvestigator
06-02-2013, 05:09 AM
Good morning and greetings from Greensboro, NC.

While doing a search for a Old Air Intake for my 2013 Dodge Charger R/T, I came upon a link one of your members, showing a replacement internal filter from Summit Racing. I like the look and design of the traditional Mopar Cold Air Intake, but hate to spend $300, as the factory box is serving the same function (not sure of the difference of the diameter of tubing), but without the chrome dress up. Maybe there is more difference than I know about.

With that said, the replacement of the filter at Summit Racing (adaptable to 3", 3.5", and 4" tubing), was only $29.95. That is an awesome price, in comparison to all the "brand names." Does anyone know where I can locate a chrome cross tube and adapters to make this work with my vehicle?

Thanks ahead of time.

Jim

NCInvestigator
06-02-2013, 05:20 AM
After posting, I went back to the Summit Racing website, and found the brand of both a Cold Air Intake system, as well as the internal filter I stated in my initial post to be Spectre Performance.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular Cold Air Intake? Only $149 at Summit Racing for entire Cold Air Intake kit (versus $300+ for Mopar). Please provide pros and cons if you have experience with Spectre Performance.

Thanks again!!!

Jim

ramn it
06-02-2013, 07:11 AM
jim look at EBAY . They have pages and pages of tubing and everything for a cold air intake to wrap around your car. and usually real cheap

NOTPAID4
06-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Check at 3GCustomz.com. They sell BIG BULLY CAIs very reasonable. We have FOUR of these.

Mr. Moe
06-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Check at 3GCustomz.com. They sell BIG BULLY CAIs very reasonable. We have FOUR of these.

Oh Oh Moe is following you.

How's it going bud...