PDA

View Full Version : HOLY #*%@ "CHEETA" is HOME!

NOTPAID4
05-03-2013, 08:58 PM
OMG, today Tee and I picked up CHEETA, my 300 SuperCharged SRT from Arringtons in Martinsville, Va. I took it real easy for quite a few miles but just had to give a bit of a touch out on the interstate. I found out that at approximately 1/3 throttle at most speeds the rear tires break loose. This is NOT an easy car to drive; believe ME!!! To be HONEST I did NOT even try at WOT; surely need to get used to it some more before trying anything like that. I took off EASY and eased into the throttle about 1/2 ~ Amazing! I was told by some folks that this head unit for the pro charger should kick in sooner and it sure appears to be true.

They gave me a copy of my Dyno Sheet; YUP, had it laminated already; don't want anything to happen to it.

Thanks to Chris the previous owner, for dropping at Arringtons some other items he had for the car. So VERY kind of him to do that for me.

As soon as I got home I immediately began cleaning it out and gotter' lookin' like it should. NOW ~ TOMORROW, Tee and I should be cruisin the streets 'round here! LOL

http://imageshack.us/a/img198/8686/dscn1185f.JPG

LB3711
05-03-2013, 09:17 PM
sweet

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Storm Rider
05-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Glad to hear all is good.

NOTPAID4
05-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Well I drove it around a good bit today and I believe this is as close to a true RACE CAR as it gets. So hard to take off and NOT bake the tires LOL; I got on a back road and just bumped the throttle a good bit; about 1/2 and let right off; looking into the rear view mirror, lots of tire smoke and some rubber marks. I drove it most of the day just barely pressed the pedal; I'm truly amazed HOW MUCH POWER. It'll be a VERY LONG TIME before I got WOT on this CAR. Got a ton of looks today with the huge AIR NOISE from the Racing Blow Off Valve. It sounds so cool I keep turning the radio back OFF! Whenever I stopped folks were asking me what that car had in it. For a bit of FUN, I stopped at our local Chevy Dealership to look at TWO ZR1 Camaros they had and when I pulled in the Sales people came out to talk to me about my car. When I asked and looked at the ZR1 and talked about it's power... with a snicker... I said to them, geesh I'd hate to drop down to that LOW of power and left! Needless to say they stayed outside to see me drive down the street. Oh and quite by accident had the car sideways twice today, only at about 1/2 pedal. HMMMMM, surely do NOT plan on driving this car in the rain.

After some research, I think I'll need some 315x30x20 MT Drag Radials.

Storm Rider
05-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Keep it between the ditches.

BAD HABIT
05-06-2013, 09:34 AM
And wheel side down...

on tapatalk from my GS3....

LB3711
05-06-2013, 06:01 PM
damn. I want LOL

Smitty
05-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Congrats!

NOTPAID4
05-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks a lot guys. Today was supposed to rain, however the SUN is out so I hope to pull all the wheels, check brake pads and paint and label the calipers.

Storm Rider
05-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Have fun working on your ride.

NOTPAID4
05-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Ha, the most FUN I've had @ 12.6 MPG!
Yup, been driving the Supercharger 300SRT around town. What an amazing time I've been having with this car at at 12.6 MPG it's worth EVERY PENNY!. I still have NOT had this car at more that about 1/2 throttle and it IS Incredible. Had a lot of high performance cars in my time but NOTHING like this car. It's gonna take some time before I get used to it before doing anything stupid.

Guess I have to wait 'til it rains to drive ONE of the magnums ~LOL~ It IS going to be hard to let this car sit. Everytime I take it out for a spin I don't want to come back home. Of course I must admit that I feel the same when driving the magnums. Today when I stepped down on it and it took off like a shot; I could feel the smile from EAR TO EAR. My cheeks are sore from smiling so much/B]

LB3711
05-10-2013, 08:49 PM
haha awesome.

i want

Storm Rider
05-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Glad life is good for you.

NOTPAID4
05-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks Paul, can't wait 'til we get together again and you can see it for yourself. I haven't heard aabout any local cruises or car shows; HAVE YOU???